By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lords of the Fallen Dev: 1080p 'Tougher' on Xbox One Than PS4

ethomaz said:

Zekkyou said:

OT: I've been pretty impressed by what I've seen from LOTF thus far. Definitely looks like it needs some work (has that odd clumsiness some unfinished games seem to have), but it's certainly easy on the eyes.

I didn't read much about this game... what game it looks like? Kingdom of Amalur?

It's been described as taking influence from Dark Souls and The Witcher. Pretty nice video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K423anCBKKo (no idea how to embed sorry :p).

Around the Network
Krill said:
I knew this was an ethomaz thread before I opened it lol. If I didn't know better, I'd say the people with PS4's are more insecure since they need to continually highlight this sort of thing.

Let's at least wait for E3 before judging what these machines can or cannot do. That's giving developers little enough time to showcase their talents. 1080p will be the norm for both.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Either way, the game looks fun. I wouldn't mind playing it @ 900P with 30 fps if the XB1 was my platform of choice. Sub 30 would be unacceptable in my view though. Hopefully they'll come up with a solution and have the game running at an acceptable framerate.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

kowenicki said:
He actually says "slightly tougher" to be pedantic... but accurate.

Will the hardware gap between the ONE and the PS4 become smaller? No, of course not.

Will the visual difference between the same games on the ONE and the PS4 become less and less... yep

You would be right assuming Sony would never update the PS4 but MS would update the X1... but that would be a silly assumption to make.

kowenicki said:

Will the hardware gap between the ONE and the PS4 become smaller? No, of course not.

Will the visual difference between the same games on the ONE and the PS4 become less and less... yep.

I disagree with the bold... the difference between the same games will get widen and widen just because they will start to use the adiction power of PS4... for now they are only reaching the easy run with 1080p that the hardware offers.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

Duh. Will be easier over time.

Please understand?

My 8th gen collection

ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:

Will the visual difference between the same games on the ONE and the PS4 become less and less... yep.

I disagree with the bold... the difference between the same games will get widen and widen just because they will start to use the adiction power of PS4... for now they are only reaching the easy run with 1080p that the hardware offers.

Agreed.  Right now developers are just doing the easy thing scaling resolution.

When developers will pack enough into the game that only 720p @ 30fps is possible on PS4, then where will XB1 be?  20fps, or run well below 720p, or cut effects... it will be noticeable.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
J_Allard said:

Duh. Will be easier over time.

Please understand?

Please understand what?

kowenicki said:

What's your reasoning for that one?

Isn't this common knowledge by now? How many more of those 1080p vs 720p topics will we have to read?