By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu Apr 14 - Apr 20

Very poor sales across the board, even with 3ds on top. How big was the tax increase in Japan? Everything dropped like a stone following the tax hike.....

Around the Network
nanzano said:
tbone51 said:
nanzano said:

But this Week......... SAO Fan base will switch to the Vita ( I hope they haven´t done it yet :D)

Vita will be on top, i see 25k-35k week. Maybe 40k, is there a vita bundle for SAO?

Downright scary HW numbers, but a least PS4 rose. When was the last time 3DS had been under 20K?

tbone51 said:
nanzano said:
tbone51 said:
nanzano said:

But this Week......... SAO Fan base will switch to the Vita ( I hope they haven´t done it yet :D)

Vita will be on top, i see 25k-35k week. Maybe 40k, is there a vita bundle for SAO?

I haven't see any Bundle so far

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

ryuzaki57 said:
Downright scary HW numbers, but a least PS4 rose. When was the last time 3DS had been under 20K?

I dont think it ever was once

Edit: It was 4 times, All in 2011. First 2 were in March (back to back) with 16k-18k sold and the last two weeks before the major price cut (16k and then the week before release 4k) which is expected from a price cut in its final week.

So we might see below 20k for the first time in almost 3 years next week :-/

And i dont count this week, on one tracker we have it barely under 20k and on another its over 22k, so its safe to assume 20k+

Around the Network

Dedicated gaming market seems to be drying up in Japan.  Comparing it to the same weeks in past years is just sad.

Week ending April 22nd, 2007 saw the hardware market at 306k for the week.  The Wii sold more than everything this week combined, and the DS more than doubled everything.

Week ending April 20th, 2008 had hardware at 189k for the week.  The PSP outsold everything combined this week, and the Wii and DS doubled the best selling hardware.

Even just last year, the 3DS sold more hardware than all platforms combined this week.  Wii U numbers aren't that far off (less than 1k) from what the PS2 was doing in April 2009.  There are a few weeks before Mario Kart where it could realistically fall behind.  Actually, other than the big lead it had the first week of the year, it is doing worse than the 360 did in 2009.

First 16 weeks

360 2009 - 171k

Wii U 2014 - 183k

However, the Wii U had a ~31k lead in week one, so the 360 has been outpacing it over weeks 2-16.

Erm..........Hooray for Just Dance WiiU?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Wow..... Absolutely abysmal. Can someone tell me is just a bad time for Japanese console sales or is something else afoot?

Devil_Survivor said:
Wow..... Absolutely abysmal. Can someone tell me is just a bad time for Japanese console sales or is something else afoot?

Taxes???

tbone51 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

I dont think it ever was once

Edit: It was 4 times, All in 2011. First 2 were in March (back to back) with 16k-18k sold and the last two weeks before the major price cut (16k and then the week before release 4k) which is expected from a price cut in its final week.

So we might see below 20k for the first time in almost 3 years next week :-/

And i dont count this week, on one tracker we have it barely under 20k and on another its over 22k, so its safe to assume 20k+

Time for another price cut for 3DS?