By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu Apr 14 - Apr 20

tbone51 said:

lmao, Fail moment on my part >_<

Not trying to put down the Vita but only 86k up? I thought it was far beyond that. All the Software its getting now. Vita should easily start beating 2013 #s cuz didn't vita drop back down one more time to under 10k... I think July/August? Vita has some pretty big games coming.

Yes, and it was easily beating 2013's numbers and then price cut month happened.  That eroded a fair bit of the gap.

Like you say, it's baseline is higher now and Vita didn't start hitting reliable numbers (bar the odd blip here and there for things like Toukiden) again until whenever the price cut was (October?) so it should start chipping away again.

In addition, while it has received a lot of good software recently, that software has either been: a) sequels to games already on the platform (i.e. Miku 2; Soul Sac 2; Phantasy Star 2); b) multi-plat with PS3 (i.e. J-Stars; Super Robot Wars; Samurai Warriors) or c) stuff focused at the fanbase already on the console (i.e. Neptunia; Atelier; Deception).  

There hasn't exactly been a lot of system-shifting software.  Some big games, but mostly all with things attached that stop them being big system sellers.  I never really got all the people claiming "it'll be up loaaddddsss year on year!" because the software lineup, while strong, didn't indicate to me something that would draw in a lot of new people.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Not trying to put down the Vita but only 86k up? I thought it was far beyond that. All the Software its getting now. Vita should easily start beating 2013 #s cuz didn't vita drop back down one more time to under 10k... I think July/August? Vita has some pretty big games coming.

Yes, and it was easily beating 2013's numbers and then price cut month happened.  That eroded a fair bit of the gap.

Like you say, it's baseline is higher now and Vita didn't start hitting reliable numbers (bar the odd blip here and there for things like Toukiden) again until whenever the price cut was (October?) so it should start chipping away again.

In addition, while it has received a lot of good software recently, that software has either been: a) sequels to games already on the platform (i.e. Miku 2; Soul Sac 2; Phantasy Star 2); b) multi-plat with PS3 (i.e. J-Stars; Super Robot Wars; Samurai Warriors) or c) stuff focused at the fanbase already on the console (i.e. Neptunia; Atelier; Deception).  

There hasn't exactly been a lot of system-shifting software.  Some big games, but mostly all with things attached that stop them being big system sellers.  I never really got all the people claiming "it'll be up loaaddddsss year on year!" because the software lineup, while strong, didn't indicate to me something that would draw in a lot of new people.

What games are there that will be system movers(and when do they come out)? Freedom Wars is July.

tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:

O.o

It's off that chart you quoted.

Vita last YTD = 384,510

Vita current YTD = 470,632

Bit less than 100k, but you get the picture.

I'm glad it was just a mistake, because I was really surprised there tbone. You know how to read these charts!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

tbone51 said:

What games are there that will be system movers(and when do they come out)? Freedom Wars is July.

I don't really think Freedom Wars will be a big system mover.  It's selling to people who want to play a hunting game that isn't Monster Hunter.  There's plenty of them already on Vita thanks to Soul Sacrifice/Lord of Apocalpyse/Ragnarok Odyssey/Toukiden/God Eater.

Phantasy Star Nova might, just because it has a strong IP behind it.  Otherwise, nothing announced will do a whole lot I think.

Getting stuff like an original Final Fantasy/Metal Gear Solid/Gran Turismo/Resident Evil/Kingdom Hearts would bring new purchasers in, in my opinion.  Goes after various different segments of the market that I'm not convinced own Vitas at the moment.

And other than that, a Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest game.  Because those sell bucketloads no matter what console they're on.

I feel Vita needs games with strong brand recognition at this point. 

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:

O.o

It's off that chart you quoted.

Vita last YTD = 384,510

Vita current YTD = 470,632

Bit less than 100k, but you get the picture.

I'm glad it was just a mistake, because I was really surprised there tbone. You know how to read these charts!

Are You Playing Me Now O.o I Messed UP... Leave me alone >:(

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

I don't really think Freedom Wars will be a big system mover.  It's selling to people who want to play a hunting game that isn't Monster Hunter.  There's plenty of them already on Vita thanks to Soul Sacrifice/Lord of Apocalpyse/Ragnarok Odyssey/Toukiden/God Eater.

Phantasy Star Nova might, just because it has a strong IP behind it.  Otherwise, nothing announced will do a whole lot I think.

Getting stuff like an original Final Fantasy/Metal Gear Solid/Gran Turismo/Resident Evil/Kingdom Hearts would bring new purchasers in, in my opinion.  Goes after various different segments of the market that I'm not convinced own Vitas at the moment.

And other than that, a Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest game.  Because those sell bucketloads no matter what console they're on.

I feel Vita needs games with strong brand recognition at this point. 

Yes its true, despite overall good software sales from new ip's/sequels/etc They need big names. Even 3DS didn't fully move intill mh3g/mk7/sm3dl arrived.

Wat ever happened to that Resident Evil Portable game for Sony, you think it be ready now cuz that was announced years ago.

Also (off topic) im surprised on Europe performance for Vita. Its only down by 16k (161k vs 145k). Wasnt the slim only released in UK?

tbone51 said:

Wat ever happened to that Resident Evil Portable game for Sony, you think it be ready now cuz that was announced years ago.

I'd imagine it became Revelations.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

I'd imagine it became Revelations.

really cuz they dont look nothing alike :p 

tbone51 said:

Resident Evil Portable never looked like anything.  Didn't get any screenshots or gameplay trailers.

Don't see why it wouldn't to be honest.  Capcom didn't have much to gain from releasing on PSP in 2011 or whenever the game would've been finished.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Resident Evil Portable never looked like anything.  Didn't get any screenshots or gameplay trailers.

Don't see why it wouldn't to be honest.  Capcom didn't have much to gain from releasing on PSP in 2011 or whenever the game would've been finished.

oh ok! Well watever Resident evil they come out with next (RE7 or a spinoff) hopefully it'll return to its roots! Only RE game i haven't played in the main series is 6... But as far as im concerned its not a big deal!