By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Will Sell More In 2014(Worldwide), WiiU or Vita?

spurgeonryan said:
superchunk said:
Vita slim is such a misnomer... its a downgraded system designed to reduce costs and that's it.

But OT... WiiU will end up decidedly in the lead as it actually has very much anticipated games launching throughout this year. Games that are arguably larger than anything even PS4/XBO have coming.

This makes me happy. Examples?

Vita due to Japan.

Eh, Spurge... I don't think Japan is going to save the Vita this time around!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Once Mario Kart hits, there will be no looking back for the Wii U. It'll overtake Vita no problem. Might outsell it 2:1 if there are no software delays. People are really overestimating the impact of Vita Slim. I mean Mario Kart won't put the Wii U ahead of the PS4 or anything, but with MK8, Bayo2, X, Hyrule Warriors, and Smash, I daresay it can handle Vita. It might even keep pace with XBO.

the wii u will outsell the vita 2:1?

with the vita selling around 40/50k in a slow time of the year, you're expecting nintendo to magically boost the wii u to the ballpark of 100k units per week? sounds like microsoft needs to get worried about nintendo again. lol

I did say it might even keep pace with the XBO, so yeah. And I said might, not will. I do think it will definitely outsell Vita this year, I just don't know by how much. 2:1 was a really optimistic upper limit, not my idea of a conservative, expectable estimate.

WiiU will take the crown in this one competition.
The only thing that kinda concerns me is if Vita gets bundled with PS4 for $500, which with Vita doing so very very badly in the West and the PS4's sizable momentum is not inconceivable.

I get the feeling Vita 2014 will sell about 65-75% of WiiU's 2014 numbers.

HylianSwordsman said:
setsunatenshi said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Once Mario Kart hits, there will be no looking back for the Wii U. It'll overtake Vita no problem. Might outsell it 2:1 if there are no software delays. People are really overestimating the impact of Vita Slim. I mean Mario Kart won't put the Wii U ahead of the PS4 or anything, but with MK8, Bayo2, X, Hyrule Warriors, and Smash, I daresay it can handle Vita. It might even keep pace with XBO.

the wii u will outsell the vita 2:1?

with the vita selling around 40/50k in a slow time of the year, you're expecting nintendo to magically boost the wii u to the ballpark of 100k units per week? sounds like microsoft needs to get worried about nintendo again. lol

I did say it might even keep pace with the XBO, so yeah. And I said might, not will. I do think it will definitely outsell Vita this year, I just don't know by how much. 2:1 was a really optimistic upper limit, not my idea of a conservative, expectable estimate.

I found it unrealistic in all honesty. The die hard Nintendo fans already have their consoles as we've had the Mario releases as well as DK, Zelda WW, Pikmin, W101 and some support from 3rd parties that has been dying more and more during the last months. When you have the big releases of the year either skipping the WiiU (Batman, COD, Destiny, Fifa, Madden, etc) or being delayed (watch dogs) what incentive is there for such a big boost in sales to the 100k per week? 

The only other option is an extremely bearish short/mid term for the vita to drop it's numbers even more (is it possible in EU and US?) when it has been steadily outselling the WiiU (in this case close to the 2:1) without any major releases (not to the levels of Mario, Zelda, etc).

anyways, it just seemed like a fantasy more than a prediction

superchunk said:
Vita slim is such a misnomer... its a downgraded system designed to reduce costs and that's it.

But OT... WiiU will end up decidedly in the lead as it actually has very much anticipated games launching throughout this year. Games that are arguably larger than anything even PS4/XBO have coming.

Having gotten to play a Vita 2000  I wouldn't say it's slim. Outisde of the screen (which still looks great) everything else is better.  The ergonomics are such a drastic improvement that any words I use to describe aren't gonna convey how much better it felt to play than a 1000.  I will be upgrading to a Slim myself.  

Around the Network

wii u will sell 5m+ in my prediction, vita 4 m.