By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Will Sell More In 2014(Worldwide), WiiU or Vita?

Wii U, since Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and X should shift more than just a few consoles.

Around the Network

Vita slim is such a misnomer... its a downgraded system designed to reduce costs and that's it.

But OT... WiiU will end up decidedly in the lead as it actually has very much anticipated games launching throughout this year. Games that are arguably larger than anything even PS4/XBO have coming.

Wii U will win this. It's got two big system sellers this year and will Vita is consistent in Japan, it doesn't have that benefit outside of Japan.

tbone51 said:

Who Will Win?

So far its PSV 703,838 and WiiU 554,806.

Vita has done significantly well in japan and in Europe its doing ok. US is terrible but with the vita slim coming out, we might see a much higher baseline.

WiiU is beyond horrible currently Worldwide but has at least 2 huge system sellers. 

2013:    WiiU 3,230,633  PSV  3,204,823 (You can say it was a Tie cuz any can be overtracked by any number imo)

The original gamepad analog sticks were shitty lol

Wii U. Japan holds a large piece of the marketshare before holidays, but when holidays come its piece is diminished. And Wii U is obviously winning in US.

Around the Network

Wii U has a chance due to MK8 and SSB. But Borderlands 2 Vita bundle and some major Vita exclusives in Japan can be a game changer.

If sony releases a ps4+vita bundle it could be very interesting.

As it currently stands it will be close, but if Nintendo has a good plan in the second half - I see the Wii U winning

Once Mario Kart hits, there will be no looking back for the Wii U. It'll overtake Vita no problem. Might outsell it 2:1 if there are no software delays. People are really overestimating the impact of Vita Slim. I mean Mario Kart won't put the Wii U ahead of the PS4 or anything, but with MK8, Bayo2, X, Hyrule Warriors, and Smash, I daresay it can handle Vita. It might even keep pace with XBO.

I hope that MarioKart8 will give a huge boost to WiiU. But now I'm not sure at all how the things will turn on.