By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Will Sell More In 2014(Worldwide), WiiU or Vita?

Wii U, Mario Kart is coming soon and Wii U will have very good holiday season.

Around the Network

With their current line ups I think the Wii U will take it. Mario Kart should take Wii U above 100k on a weekly basis (WW) for a handful of weeks at least. That at least should level them although the Vita will likely have a a strong summer in Japan to help stay somewhat competitive. Come the holiday I dont think the Vita can compete worldwide, so the Wii U will steal it by a few 100k.

I dont think anything sony can do will really change that but there are a few unknowns. Minecraft still sells 60k on the 360 on a weekly basis, the Vita edition could bring the system to a respectable level in NA and EU. PS Now is sceduled to launch this summer in the US, that could also give the Vita a boost. I also expect more surprises for the Vita then I do for the Wii U... games are being announced for the west on a daily basis, maybe something like FF Type 0 could change its fortunes.

HylianSwordsman said:
Once Mario Kart hits, there will be no looking back for the Wii U. It'll overtake Vita no problem. Might outsell it 2:1 if there are no software delays. People are really overestimating the impact of Vita Slim. I mean Mario Kart won't put the Wii U ahead of the PS4 or anything, but with MK8, Bayo2, X, Hyrule Warriors, and Smash, I daresay it can handle Vita. It might even keep pace with XBO.

I wouldnt be so sure we`ll be seeing those this year, but you forgot sonic Boom which may do better then all of the 3rd party efforts... 

teigaga said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Once Mario Kart hits, there will be no looking back for the Wii U. It'll overtake Vita no problem. Might outsell it 2:1 if there are no software delays. People are really overestimating the impact of Vita Slim. I mean Mario Kart won't put the Wii U ahead of the PS4 or anything, but with MK8, Bayo2, X, Hyrule Warriors, and Smash, I daresay it can handle Vita. It might even keep pace with XBO.

I wouldnt be so sure we`ll be seeing those this year, but you forgot sonic Boom which may do better then all of the 3rd party efforts... 

Fair enough. Especially with the tv show to promote it. Though I was going off the leaked release schedule for X and Hyrule Warriors being this year. Hyrule Warriors especially shouldn't need much development time, just because of the game it is.

I am guessing the Vita! It is getting a lot of software lately.

Around the Network

The WiiU obviously because of the big releases but, the vita is really under appreciated. I wish that handheld was selling more on the lines of the psp sales numbers. Great system just needs some support

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Vita, by a small margin

HylianSwordsman said:

the wii u will outsell the vita 2:1?

with the vita selling around 40/50k in a slow time of the year, you're expecting nintendo to magically boost the wii u to the ballpark of 100k units per week? sounds like microsoft needs to get worried about nintendo again. lol

setsunatenshi said:
HylianSwordsman said:

the wii u will outsell the vita 2:1?

with the vita selling around 40/50k in a slow time of the year, you're expecting nintendo to magically boost the wii u to the ballpark of 100k units per week? sounds like microsoft needs to get worried about nintendo again. lol

IKR! It is a bit of a wild prediction! No one knows what sort of boost Mario kart 8 will give the Wii U - if any. To avoid looking foolish - I would advice anyone to avoid estimating numbers - being optimistic is alright in my books - just keep them in check 

I expect the Wii U to win since it has system sellers coming out that the west would want and SCEA doesn't even know what a Vita is, so yeah...