By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you won a lottery ...

mancandy said:
Sqrl said:

I wouldn't do much with it in the way of entertainment...not right away anyways...

I would invest it...probably around 5m would go into my super secret investment deal another 10m into stock investments, 12m into savings. The remaining 3m would go to pay of a few bills, and anything left over would be spending money. Luckily bills aren't that big at the moment.

From there I would buy a new house..nothing fancy just something in the $400k range (which where I live is probably like a house that cost around 2m in the LA area) drop another $80k on fully furnishing and wiring it up to my specs. Maybe buy a nice car but I wouldn't spend more than $40k on that...then I'd basically have $2.4m in my checking account...I would probably do some things for family but nobody would directly receive money...too many ways for that to become an "issue".

Close friends who were my friends before I won would get some help...I know 2 people struggling to work and go to college and I would make a deal with them that if they're willing to lay out a their course planning and go full time I would cover it. The only thing I would ask they do in return is not squander the opportunity and do their best to learn as much as they can.

I'm guessing after they both finished college I would be out $400k or so but its a small price to better the lives of two people I care about when I can afford to do it. Actually I might even get another degree myself and attend classes with them...I do enjoy learning new things...even if sometimes the instructors are a bunch of douchebags...but thats another story entirely =P

The one thing I know I wouldn't do is piss away the money like an idiot.....always annoys me to see people do that. /sigh

BORING!!!

Sure about $28m of my expenditure might be boring but it means I won't have to worry about money ever again....the money I make from the investments (the portion I don't re-invest) is what I will use for recreation~

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

I would buy a new home and a new car (depending on how much money it is)
then i would go out and buy a ps3 and some nice wii games

and pputt the rest in savings in the bank so i can watch my money gro even more

God, if you're reading this, I'd give it all to various churches and charities. All of it. I'm going to buy a lottery ticket right now! Oh, the GOOD I'm going to do with my winnings!

*whispers: do you think he fell for it?*