By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you won a lottery ...

I wouldn't do much with it in the way of entertainment...not right away anyways...

I would invest it...probably around 5m would go into my super secret investment deal another 10m into stock investments, 12m into savings. The remaining 3m would go to pay of a few bills, and anything left over would be spending money. Luckily bills aren't that big at the moment.

From there I would buy a new house..nothing fancy just something in the $400k range (which where I live is probably like a house that cost around 2m in the LA area) drop another $80k on fully furnishing and wiring it up to my specs. Maybe buy a nice car but I wouldn't spend more than $40k on that...then I'd basically have $2.4m in my checking account...I would probably do some things for family but nobody would directly receive money...too many ways for that to become an "issue".

Close friends who were my friends before I won would get some help...I know 2 people struggling to work and go to college and I would make a deal with them that if they're willing to lay out a their course planning and go full time I would cover it. The only thing I would ask they do in return is not squander the opportunity and do their best to learn as much as they can.

I'm guessing after they both finished college I would be out $400k or so but its a small price to better the lives of two people I care about when I can afford to do it. Actually I might even get another degree myself and attend classes with them...I do enjoy learning new things...even if sometimes the instructors are a bunch of douchebags...but thats another story entirely =P

The one thing I know I wouldn't do is piss away the money like an idiot.....always annoys me to see people do that. /sigh

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

1. Buy a s**t ton of ESP guitars.
2. Buy guitar amps, strings and other guitar stuff.
3. Give some of the money to friends and family.
4. Buy a Ferrari.
5. Buy a house (2 stories, with living room, kitchen, study, 3 bedrooms, workout room, game room & my own recording studio)
6. Buy a 4 57in HDTV (for my new house, one for the game room, living room, bedroom, workout room)
7. Buy 3 blu-ray players and a ridicules amount of blu-ray movies.
8. Buy a bunch of games.
9. Live in peace for the rest of my life.

Edit: 10. Buy huge speaker systems for all rooms.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

1. Build a mazelike mansion somewhere in midwest US

2. Use the house as a base for sinister genetic experiment while using medicine and pefume manufacturing as a facade

3. Laugh sinister as I manically scream "All this will be MINE, MINE,MINE!!!"

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

1. Buy a 2.7 million dollar ad in the Superbowl for a product I will dump a month later.

2. Hookers and beer.

Sqrl said:

I wouldn't do much with it in the way of entertainment...not right away anyways...

I would invest it...probably around 5m would go into my super secret investment deal another 10m into stock investments, 12m into savings. The remaining 3m would go to pay of a few bills, and anything left over would be spending money. Luckily bills aren't that big at the moment.

From there I would buy a new house..nothing fancy just something in the $400k range (which where I live is probably like a house that cost around 2m in the LA area) drop another $80k on fully furnishing and wiring it up to my specs. Maybe buy a nice car but I wouldn't spend more than $40k on that...then I'd basically have $2.4m in my checking account...I would probably do some things for family but nobody would directly receive money...too many ways for that to become an "issue".

Close friends who were my friends before I won would get some help...I know 2 people struggling to work and go to college and I would make a deal with them that if they're willing to lay out a their course planning and go full time I would cover it. The only thing I would ask they do in return is not squander the opportunity and do their best to learn as much as they can.

I'm guessing after they both finished college I would be out $400k or so but its a small price to better the lives of two people I care about when I can afford to do it. Actually I might even get another degree myself and attend classes with them...I do enjoy learning new things...even if sometimes the instructors are a bunch of douchebags...but thats another story entirely =P

The one thing I know I wouldn't do is piss away the money like an idiot.....always annoys me to see people do that. /sigh

BORING!!!

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network
Sqrl said:

Eery. That's almost exactly what I did do when I won the lottery. Good luck.

I would buy more lottery tickets, cause thats only like £15mil and I'm a greedy bastard. I would also invest and use my earnings to buy evey Morris Minor, VW Beetle(old kind), VW Camper and Vauxhall Nova on the planet and crush them all. I would like to try and get a Krispy Kreme franchise in my house.

I'd start with more than 30 million because winnings are non taxable in canada.

(1) a nice but still modest house in whistler + snowboarding stuff galore + the usual pimp your place out stuff.

(2) one of the gulf Islands with a nice but still modest house + the usual pimp your place out stuff + a good yacht, and a speed boat.

(3) Build a large self sustianable orphanage (sustained by both the community, the government, and my initial monetary investment) for all the children that are left by the wayside by foster care due to their not being enough spaces.  I myself was put out on the street with a $250 dollar a month check at the age of 12 because (I don't mean to sound harsh and it's a stab at the mother not the baby) a young whore's mistake takes higher priority in the system ( the older kids get booted out if they need space for babies).

(4) a stretch of beach by jordan river and a stretch of beach by long beach (surfing)(both on van isle)

(5) etc the usual 

College,
A house,
retirement,
& live a working-class life without working. :)

1. A solid gold statue of myself

2. A monkey

3. A mansion overlooking the coast with an olympic sized swimming pool full of money and an on site movie theatre

4. My own private jet

5. The most expensive sunglasses in the world

6. And one o' these

and one o' these