By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10 Things Nintendo has done RIGHT with the Wii U

Tagged games:

Well this makes a change from all the usual drivel on this site about the Wii U. I love my Wii U and simply enjoy the games (albeit mostly 1st party) that I play on it. Good job with the list!

Around the Network
Salnax said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Coulda made life easier for yourself by just listing 10 Wii U games!

There are ten of them?

Obviously! The Wii U has no games charade is old hat now!

Now all Nintendo needs to do right is advertisement and marketing. They need to have less Wii and to emphasize U as much as possible.

I agree with a lot of your points. There are definitely things Nintendo did right with the Wii U. Even if the console turned out to be less than successful, these improvements should not be forgotten.

Third Party Relationships:
It's obvious Nintendo DID spend some time with the bigger publishers this time around. They need to expand that and talk to other studios and publishers, as well, but it is a start.

Small Studio Games:
Nintendo did an excellent job here. I don't know what happened but someone needs a promotion. Nintendo had some pretty unfriendly policies with the Wii but most of those were identified and fixed. They actually passed Microsoft here, at least for the time being.

Mario Kart 8 could be 11-20.

Around the Network

Hmm... well this is different.

1. Free online
2. Miiverse
3. Backwards Compatibility
4. Off-T.V. play
5. Excellent Pro-Controller
6. Focus on core-single player gaming experiences
7. Focus on local multiplayer gaming experiences
8. Vast improvement for both developers and consumers from WiiWare to eShop
9. Ability to reach out to developers for exclusive content
10. Quiet, efficient, and small console build

Smeags said:
Hmm... well this is different.

I try.

Love and tolerate.

My list would consist exclusively of games considering that's the only thing they've really done right. Everything else they've either already done or have done it half-baked. Like the Wii U in general.

Only one I disagree with is number 1. Showing off 3rd party games at E3 led a lot of people to believe WiiU was going to be this inclusive console with strong 3rd party support. It wasn't. If the WiiU had provided solid 3rd party support throughout the entire lifecycle then I would have commended them.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

WiiU is amazing. i just cant believe people doesnt care about it. guess its Nintendo to blame but i tend to think the average consumer is too stupid to aknowledge where greatness is. so in the end greatness only exists in small niches