By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS 2014 Sales?

I dunno. Tomodatchi life has potential. Could be huge. Smash Bros will move systems. With Smash in Summer, I'm guessing they'll have something for the holiday. Price should drop to 170 for the XL and 100 for the 2DS. So... 10 million I guess?

Around the Network

12.8M was shipped last year. I suspect sales will be down 40% from last year so 7.7M.

My earlier prediction was 11m, but now I think that's too high. Maybe 9m.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

8 million if they don't have something for the holidays, 10 million if they have something important for the holidays and 20 million if they have Dragon Quest XI!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

fyi XO is on pace for 7.4 million in 2014 3ds is track above that by quite a margin

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Okay, I'm gonna say that Nintendo's software hits the right chords and say 10m+ for 2014.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

AZWification said:

8 million if they don't have something for the holidays, 10 million if they have something important for the holidays and 20 million if they have Dragon Quest XI!

Seriously DQXI is needed in japan! 3 remakes on 3DS and no new installment :p

Also for the 2014 list ... http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178980&page=1

Im willing to bet we'll get at least 2 more unannounced semi big to big titles this year. My personal guesses are LoZ MM3D and hopefully Metroid (2D or 3D doesn't matter to me).

Even though most people dont kno, we have a Monolith 3DS game in development! That could be the big holiday game or a 2015 release.

Also i think we'll get SM3DL2 (cuz wat other mario games are left for portable aside from a sports game?) within 2 years

pezus said:
Nintentacle said:
8-9 million.

Copycat.

srsly

Well the number just makes sense!

tbone51 said:
AZWification said:

Seriously DQXI is needed in japan! 3 remakes on 3DS and no new installment :p

Also for the 2014 list ... http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178980&page=1

Im willing to bet we'll get at least 2 more unannounced semi big to big titles this year. My personal guesses are LoZ MM3D and hopefully Metroid (2D or 3D doesn't matter to me).

Even though most people dont kno, we have a Monolith 3DS game in development! That could be the big holiday game or a 2015 release.

Also i think we'll get SM3DL2 (cuz wat other mario games are left for portable aside from a sports game?) within 2 years

Yeah. Dragon Quest XI could help the 3DS a lot............unless Square Enix decides to make it exclusive to mobile phones!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Yeah. Dragon Quest XI could help the 3DS a lot............unless Square Enix decides to make it exclusive to mobile phones!

That would be funny, if it wasn't a depressingly realistic potential outcome :(

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.