By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Doesn't Nintendo already Publish and Develop more games each year than any other company? What are we complaining about!

pokoko said:

Ah ... uh.  Okay.  Personally, I doubt many people are buying consoles for games they have no interest in but I could be wrong.

You have no idea what other people can be intrested in, you can guess, perhaps even look at the media or w.e, but intrest is based on preferneces and theire are 7 billion people on earth each with preferences that tailor to their own desires. Furthermore, its really naive to think that interest and habits can't change and thus can be used to determine what games one would get over another.

Someone who has never played an RPG wouldn't have intrest in it unless they tried it out or it was suggested to them.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Nearly all serious AAA games made for a grown up generation are not released on a Nintendo platform and so Nintendo is nearly non-existent for the serious gamer. Where is Skyrim, GTA, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy? You can only loose without those and many other 3rd party games.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
pokoko said:

Ah ... uh.  Okay.  Personally, I doubt many people are buying consoles for games they have no interest in but I could be wrong.

You have no idea what other people can be intrested in, you can guess, perhaps even look at the media or w.e, but intrest is based on preferneces and theire are 7 billion people on earth each with preferences that tailor to their own desires. Furthermore, its really naive to think that interest and habits can't change and thus can be used to determine what games one would get over another.

Someone who has never played an RPG wouldn't have intrest in it unless they tried it out or it was suggested to them.

I have no clue what you are talking about.  What does this have to do with anything at all?

Look, I will explain this as simply as possible.  If SYSTEM A has 10 games and SYSTEM B has 20 games, the chances are higher that more people will find more games that will appeal to them on SYSTEM B.  What that has to do with your last post, I really have no idea.  

spurgeonryan said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I think most people are crying about third parties... Unlike ps4/x1, Nintendo doesn't really have those buffering games in between big releases that their competitors have which is the issue atm...

That is an issue, but everyone still cry's about Nintendo's output and even delays. Well....they are working on a dozen titles at a time and running other business ventures as well!

Who exactly is everyone?

sales2099 said:

Quite the contrary, Nintendo uses underpowered hardware for two gens now, both console and handheld. Developing for MS/Sony while retaining creative freedom on their IP's would be great for everybody, especially those who don't want to buy the console paywall to play their favourites.

Underpowered is not quite right. The games on both systems are amazing.

A corvette is not as powerful as a ferrari, but I'd still enjoy a corvette... and I would never call it underpowered.

Your assumption is that all consoles require the same power levels to be good. But that is only important for 3rd parties who need to build games accross them all. While I like some 3rd party games, last gen I bought a PS3 and this gen I'm deciding to just forget them if they are not on WiiU or possibly PC.

If Nintendo lost its hardware, they'd have to define their games around other hardware that they can not control, could not be perfect on (at least not in the first couple year's), and would have to greatly increase their dev teams to accomodate differing SDKs/engines etc.

Now they can create harmony between their hardware and unparralelled software.

Around the Network
etking said:

Nearly all serious AAA games made for a grown up generation are not released on a Nintendo platform and so Nintendo is nearly non-existent for the serious gamer. Where is Skyrim, GTA, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy? You can only loose without those and many other 3rd party games.

I bet you're like 16 huh?

I love you - Kantor

pokoko said:

I have no clue what you are talking about.  What does this have to do with anything at all?

Look, I will explain this as simply as possible.  If SYSTEM A has 10 games and SYSTEM B has 20 games, the chances are higher that more people will find more games that will appeal to them on SYSTEM B.  What that has to do with your last post, I really have no idea.  

You said: all that really matters is the total number of quality games they have the opportunity to play.

And qualified with: Personally, I doubt many people are buying consoles for games they have no interest in but I could be wrong

the point is quality is irrelevant to the average consumer, thats what I am disagreeing with, not the fact that more games = higher percentage of games somebody would consider quality games.

The difference is subtle but it is more than just semantics.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

sales2099 said:

Quite the contrary, Nintendo uses underpowered hardware for two gens now, both console and handheld. Developing for MS/Sony while retaining creative freedom on their IP's would be great for everybody, especially those who don't want to buy the console paywall to play their favourites.

Nintendo is used to doing thing their way. They use custom hardware, custom engines, and working under MS/Sony would not help in retaining freedom. Why should Nintendo be the one to throw in the towel after one mistake? That didn't stop MS and Sony when they made heavy losses and that one mistake won't force Nintendo to go 3rd party.

superchunk said:
sales2099 said:
People are complaining about the mandatory Nintendo hardware purchase.

Nintendo would be far better off as a developer, not having to worry about hardware specs, just games.

Fuck that.

They'd be hindered.

OT:

Nintendo is only rivaled by EA as far as quantity of titles and even there Nintendo delivers more (last time I checked).

Nintendo also switches places with EA all the time as the publisher who sells the most titles (total sum, not specific IPs).

All doing that on only two or maybe three platforms at at time while EA (and others) have all consoles plus PC.

Nintendo is prime example of the higher level of quality you can have when the hardware maker is the software maker. They do this better than anyone of any market, including Apple.

I wholeheartedly agree. Nintendo is the only company that can sell me hardware with only what they make. I don't want them making games for anyone else. To me, the idea of Nintendo paying Sony, or Microsoft, to make games for them is laughable. They make the best software for their system, and if people want to play them, buy the console, simple as that. It makes the perfect secondary system, primary handheld.