By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation All Stars is no longer a flop

This game is...

not a flop 137 37.43%

a flop 131 35.79%

a MAJOR flop 96 26.23%

Total:364

Maybe not a flop, but certainly a disappointment. I would guess it barely broke even given the advertising I saw for it and how quickly it dropped in price. Honestly, I would have preferred a more blatant Smash Bros. clone as nearly every change they made detracted from it for me.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
i loved this game and i'm a sony fan so you can take my word for it when i say it's still a flop.

1M sales doesn't mean much when it's been $20 or less for most of those sales.

Pretty much this.  Game was ok.  Some very good ideas, but also some awkward ones.  Lack of 1v1 was disappointing particularly considering the game was more geared towards 1v1 than Smash was, and was built on a system with a competent online infrastructure.  I actually wouldn't have minded a sequel where the game forged it's own identity, but due to the game's massive unfloppiness Sony cut ties with Superbot so that's not likely to happen. 

Anfebious said:

I wonder when the sequel is coming, I can't wait to play with all those iconic Playstation Stars like the Big Daddy and Dante again!

I think they need to get Arc System Works to develop the sequel make it more combo oriented, but not BlazBlue combo oriented, so the game would still be appealing to casual fighters and pro fighters.  They should remake the game to have each character having life bars, but you still acquire AP so specials still kill in one hit, so there's more than one way to kill people.

Still a flop. If it takes this long to sell a million chances are the game is in the 5 dollar bargain bin at various retailers. Hardly a profitable venture if that's what it takes to sell it.

It surpassed Knack by 10k units! That's a smash hit if I ever saw one!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

I wonder when the sequel is coming, I can't wait to play with all those iconic Playstation Stars like the Big Daddy and Dante again!

I know, right?  That'd be as silly as Mega Man or Sonic being in Smash Bros.  What were those crazy developers thinking?

Should have made it a 3D fighter like Powerstone, would have helped set it apart from Smash Bros. Maybe next time.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

pokoko said:
Anfebious said:

I know, right?  That'd be as silly as Mega Man or Sonic being in Smash Bros.  What were those crazy developers thinking?

Don't forget about Snake, he's clearly a Nintendo icon. 

Fusioncode said:
pokoko said:
Anfebious said:

Don't forget about Snake, he's clearly a Nintendo icon. 

I was talking about iconic characters. So far dAnte and Big Daddy are the most iconic ones. You can't seriously expect me to belive that Sly is an iconic character.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

I was talking about iconic characters. So far dAnte and Big Daddy are the most iconic ones. You can't seriously expect me to belive that Sly is an iconic character.

Who's Sly?