By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lets Talk About the Females and Villians in SSB! Is There Enough Representation for Each? Who Should...

Omg, I totally forgot to mention Tharja in here! What am I doing with my life??

Tharja is, without a doubt, my #1 female character that should be in SSB4

Oh and Phosphora would also make an epic character!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

No love for tetra =(

Counting Jigglypuff as a female might be cheating. I would say 1/9 of the original cast is female, disqualifying Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi. They could pretty much go either way.

Counting Mewtwo as a villain is definitely cheating. He/it was never a villain in the games or the anime. The only reason Smashers treat it as one is because of its "badass" presentation and the event match in Melee where it is grouped with Giga Bowser and Ganondorf.

There are multiple protagonists who can double as villains more effectively than Mewtwo: Mario (Donkey Kong Jr), Samus (SA-X), Link (Dark Link), Lucario (Cynthia used one, making it part of a final boss battle), Charizard (same reason as Lucario but for first gen... if you picked Bulbasaur I guess), and even Mega Man (similar situation to SA-X or Dark Link, sometimes Mega Man is cloned and must fight himself).

the_dengle said:
Counting Jigglypuff as a female just be cheating. I would say 1/9 of the original cast is female, disqualifying Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi. They could pretty much go either way.

"""Jigglypuff in SSB is female, even in SSBB they give her the female trainers hat. Its heavily portrayed as a She. As fir pikachu, its a male. All you have to do is look at the tail"""

Counting Mewtwo as a villain is definitely cheating. He/it was never a villain in the games or the anime. The only reason Smashers treat it as one is because of its "badass" presentation and the event match in Melee where it is grouped with Giga Bowser and Ganondorf.

"""Mewtwo is debatable so i'll leave it as that"""

There are multiple protagonists who can double as villains more effectively than Mewtwo: Mario (Donkey Kong Jr), Samus (SA-X), Link (Dark Link), Lucario (Cynthia used one, making it part of a final boss battle), Charizard (same reason as Lucario but for first gen... if you picked Bulbasaur I guess), and even Mega Man (similar situation to SA-X or Dark Link, sometimes Mega Man is cloned and must fight himself).

tbone51 said:

Jigglypuff in SSB is female, even in SSBB they give her the female trainers hat. Its heavily portrayed as a She. As fir pikachu, its a male. All you have to do is look at the tail

Gender differences for Pokemon didn't exist until Brawl's time. In the N64 Smash Bros, there's nothing to indicate that Jigglypuff is female as far as I'm aware.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Counting Jigglypuff as a female might be cheating. I would say 1/9 of the original cast is female, disqualifying Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi. They could pretty much go either way.

Nope, Mewtwo NEVER has been a villain. (Yes, Movie 1 is canon)
/s

the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:

Jigglypuff in SSB is female, even in SSBB they give her the female trainers hat. Its heavily portrayed as a She. As fir pikachu, its a male. All you have to do is look at the tail

Gender differences for Pokemon didn't exist until Brawl's time. In the N64 Smash Bros, there's nothing to indicate that Jigglypuff is female as far as I'm aware.

Still, pikachu is male, despite not proof in early games, but in SSBB+SSBWiiU/3DS its a male :p

KHlover said:
the_dengle said:

Nope, Mewtwo NEVER has been a villain. (Yes, Movie 1 is canon)
/s

Mewtwo is a sympathetic character. Team Rocket is the villain of the Mewtwo arc of both the games and the anime, and I don't mean Jesse and James.

Mewtwo didn't turn Ash to stone alone, he ran into both Mewtwo and Mew's attacks. The result was an accident, no more intentional on Mewtwo's part than it was on Mew's.

Roy is a girl

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I don't think female characters should be added just for the sake of adding more female characters. If there are female characters who deserve to be in, then sure but an unbalanced representation of the genders is expected as video game characters are predominantly male...

PS: I think you should specify that some of the characters don't actually have a gender so while only 7 out of 29 characters in SSB4 are female, that doesn't mean the other 22 are male...
Jigglypuff and most other Pokemon have no specified gender as they are a species with both males and females