By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lets Talk About the Females and Villians in SSB! Is There Enough Representation for Each? Who Should...

kirby007 said:
Roy is a girl

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

All I want is overpo-Meta Knight. Just give me Meta Knight and we'll be good, Sakurai. He was the coolest character from the Kirby series in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and I don't know if I'd be able to live without him.

the_dengle said:
KHlover said:
the_dengle said:

Counting Jigglypuff as a female might be cheating. I would say 1/9 of the original cast is female, disqualifying Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi. They could pretty much go either way.

Counting Mewtwo as a villain is definitely cheating. He/it was never a villain in the games or the anime. The only reason Smashers treat it as one is because of its "badass" presentation and the event match in Melee where it is grouped with Giga Bowser and Ganondorf.

There are multiple protagonists who can double as villains more effectively than Mewtwo: Mario (Donkey Kong Jr), Samus (SA-X), Link (Dark Link), Lucario (Cynthia used one, making it part of a final boss battle), Charizard (same reason as Lucario but for first gen... if you picked Bulbasaur I guess), and even Mega Man (similar situation to SA-X or Dark Link, sometimes Mega Man is cloned and must fight himself).

Nope, Mewtwo NEVER has been a villain. (Yes, Movie 1 is canon)
/s

Mewtwo is a sympathetic character. Team Rocket is the villain of the Mewtwo arc of both the games and the anime, and I don't mean Jesse and James.

Mewtwo didn't turn Ash to stone alone, he ran into both Mewtwo and Mew's attacks. The result was an accident, no more intentional on Mewtwo's part than it was on Mew's.

Mewtwo slamming Ash around with its psychic powers earlier in the movie was completely intentional and stealing the trainers' Pokemon and cloning them to take over the world also was intentional. Ash's sacrifice may have made Mewtwo rethink its plans, but it still was the villain for the majority of the movie.

KHlover said:
the_dengle said:

Mewtwo is a sympathetic character. Team Rocket is the villain of the Mewtwo arc of both the games and the anime, and I don't mean Jesse and James.

Mewtwo didn't turn Ash to stone alone, he ran into both Mewtwo and Mew's attacks. The result was an accident, no more intentional on Mewtwo's part than it was on Mew's.

Mewtwo slamming Ash around with its psychic powers earlier in the movie was completely intentional and stealing the trainers' Pokemon and cloning them to take over the world also was intentional. Ash's sacrifice may have made Mewtwo rethink its plans, but it still was the villain for the majority of the movie.

Funny story, the whole "take over the world" thing was added by 4Kids because they didn't think American kids could follow a story without an obviously evil antagonist. In the original, Mewtwo just wants to prove that clones can be just as strong or even stronger than the original beings they were cloned from. He's trying to justify his own existence. MEW of all characters eggs him on, telling Mewtwo that, as a clone, he is a naturally inferior life form to Mew. That's why they fight. Mewtwo beats Ash up a little bit, but he didn't mean to kill the kid, and Ash was probably asking for it.

I don't think Mewtwo had any outright villainous intentions in the Japanese version. I think he was just confused, angsty, and heavily drugged by Team Rocket.

Need more villains. King Boo could be good, although with Kirby and Jigglypuff (assuming it's still in) that might be just too many spherical objects bouncing about.

Tatanga, on the other hand, would be awesome, but the chances of him appearing on the roster would be zero.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Omg, I totally forgot to mention Tharja in here! What am I doing with my life??

Tharja is, without a doubt, my #1 female character that should be in SSB4

Oh and Phosphora would also make an epic character!!

I don't know what would happen to Nintendo's rep if a charactor who is basically bi (especially in the japanese version) were included in smash.  But I agree, a character from awakening would be awesome.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew