By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who are Nintendo gamers more loyal to? Sony gamers or Microsoft gamers?

Which?

Sony 170 57.24%

Microsoft 47 15.82%

Apple 26 8.75%

See results 53 17.85%

Total:296

Most of the Nintendo gamers that I know own Sony as a primary. Most Xbox gamers that I know have a Playstation as a secondary console.

Around the Network

As a Sony fan who usually buys the Nintendo system of a gen as well and enjoys their first party (all except a couple in my collection are first party from Nintendo or Sony) I have to say Sony and Nintendo are the perfect combo.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Microsoft gamers, because they seem to spend less time bashing Nintendo. Then again, that could just be because VGChartz has so few MS fans.

Sony

Click HERE and be happy 

None of them. I hate you all.

Around the Network

Easily Sony, with their great handful of top notch exclusive games while Microsoft on the other hand has...Halo and...uh never mind that's all.

AZWification said:

Nintendo gamers are more loyal to the remaining 4 Ouya fans of course!

Sony for sure! Xone is hated by the two fanbases specially because MS is the "new guy" on the market.

Plus, Sony and nintendo are similar in some points.Both are japanese with strong first party studios and they like to invest in niche innovative games.MS on the other hand, is 'murican,prefers to moneyhat third parties than make their own games and always invest in AAAAA block busters.

If nintendo fanbase have to choose between MS and Sony they pick sony because they hate EA's doritocracy that MS is part of.

If I interpret your question correctly, you're basically asking which one, Sony or Microsoft, that the common Nintendo gamer prefer the most of those two. And throwing in Apple if you include casuals (but if you do then Apple is the clear winner, according to all the people who says that the Wii fanbase moved on to smartphones).

But if we only count "gamers", then I'll say Sony. They're both Japanese, even though Playstation feels Western centric, it may have something to do with it. I also may be a bit behind in the thought of family friendly games, I feel Spyro, Crash and Ape Escape gave PS gamers some respectable competitors of the N64 platformers, but that was a long time ago. Still, with casual-friendly titles like Singstar, I feel people who primarily play on Nintendo consoles would choose Sony over MS. This is of course very individual, but I feel the general opinion is this.

Yep.

OttoniBastos said:

Plus, Sony and nintendo are similar in some points.Both are japanese with strong first party studios and they like to invest in niche innovative games.

Agree.

OP: I may have misunderstood your question, do you mean "Which game companies other than Nintendo are Nintendo gamers most loyal to"? For a second there I thought you meant as in relationships... Since you asked for which gamers they are most loyal to. 

Yep.