By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Man, Did Some People Get This Gen Wrong

CityOfNoobs said:
Since E3 2013 everything has played out just as I have said and expected. However before e3 I thought that microsoft would win the generation handily, especially in the US. It really is quite impressive that PS4 has taken control of the US, something I think even the hardcore sony fanboys did not see coming.

TBH, PS4's reveal bored the hell out of me, the changes they made like architecture and social networking were intresting but it didn't have much impact on me. It was after I saw the Xbox reveal that the PS4 's reveal became better for me, and I not only knew that MS was making the same mistake as Sony did with the PS3, but that the XB1 would do worse. I was worried that XB1 would dominate the US, because what they were doing wasn't good for gamers. I was suprised by the 180's cause its not a very Xbox like thing to do, especially with all the talk about not being able to flip switches.

I think only after January did MS realize that what they where doing wasn't enough. March suprised me because I'm a skeptic I admit, but the results confirm my conviction that MS is not going hard in the paint right now.

They are still sacrificing userbase for kinect base and profit. Eating a 100 per console just to stay competitive isn't enough this time around. they still have to make up for the multiplat edge, indie edge, popularity edge and regional edge of the PS4, without the year lead, multiplat edge, price edge, controller edge, and online edge that the 360 had.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
thismeintiel said:
UltimateUnknown said:
VanceIX said:
Mr Khan said:

Not necessarily low, but some people do take this more seriously than others. It's a formula for conflict.

I suppose. Just felt like it was flame-bait for some X1 fans :P

X1 fan? What's a X1 fan?

Fans of this, duh? 

My eyes have been opened. Thank you good sir.

No, no, I was referring to the BMW X1

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

UltimateUnknown said:
VanceIX said:
Mr Khan said:

Not necessarily low, but some people do take this more seriously than others. It's a formula for conflict.

X1 fan? What's a X1 fan?

X1 fan?

My 8th gen collection

CityOfNoobs said:
Since E3 2013 everything has played out just as I have said and expected. However before e3 I thought that microsoft would win the generation handily, especially in the US. It really is quite impressive that PS4 has taken control of the US, something I think even the hardcore sony fanboys did not see coming.

I saw it coming after the initial reveals and E3... Then MS saw it coming too so they 180'ed... After that I wasnt too confident. One thing I was sure of though was that the high price tag of XB1 and no head start would directly effect its market share Gen over Gen in the US. If it does win it will probably be by a few million max

tuscaniman99 said:
PS4 still won't win America. The Xbox One is still $499. Wait till this fall for the price cut + Halo effect. Next year we'll have another Halo effect and a Gears effect after that. Sony has no exclusive franchises with addicting multiplayer. NA will be closer at the end of this gen but Xbox will still win.

Even when the X1 was sold with Titanfall at $449, it got outsold by the PS4 by 60k in March. Titanfall was the most hyped game I've ever seen and alas, the game underdelivered that hype leading to the March NPD results we see today. Just relying on Halo and Gears won't save the X1. We've already seen how well that strategy went for the 360 in the second half of its lifecycle. And oh god.... this is going to be an absolutely brutal spring and summer for the X1. Outside of a couple multiplats (that look and perform better on the PS4), nothing...

Meanwhile, the PS4 got FF XIV: ARR and Octodad earlier this week and will be getting Daylight, MLB 14: The Show, The Order: 1886, Driveclub, Transistor, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Shadow of the Beast, Oddworld: New N Tasty, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted, and Deep Down. That's 13 games right there and that doesn't include the games Sony Bend, Japan Studios, Quantic Dream, Guerrila Games, Santa Monica Studios, and other 1st party studios are working on.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I...don't even know where to start.

Please keep it civil, at least until the end of my shift...please let it be another Mod's problem

Lol, you guys really work in shifts ?

ICStats said:
UltimateUnknown said:
VanceIX said:
Mr Khan said:

X1 fan? What's a X1 fan?

X1 fan?

WHOA! My eyes have popped.

UltimateUnknown said:
ICStats said:
UltimateUnknown said:
VanceIX said:
Mr Khan said:

X1 fan? What's a X1 fan?

X1 fan?

WHOA! My eyes have popped.

I have to admit, that was good, lol

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Not even people who predicted PS4 would win this gen could have known MS would emphasize Kinect and profit so much early on. A vast majority of predictions were wrong no matter who was picked to win.

So you make a thread to call out people that couldn't predict the future... have we hit a new low? I think we have.

Tuscaniman, are you really trying to argue with this? Don't quarell with them, you'll never get anything out of this and they'll make fun of you in a few months... at least that's an easy thing to predict.