By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Man, Did Some People Get This Gen Wrong

Max King of the Wild said:
tuscaniman99 said:

COD is dying a quick death so no that won't satisfy. Titanfall 2 is either: A. 2 years away with the same crappy engine and graphics or B. 3+ years away with new engine and better game so that won't cut it either. Destiny is one game and its available on both consoles. I guess I will have to reiterate my earlier comments. By the end of this gen Xbox One will have outsold PS4 in NA. I'm not talking 6 months from now.  It will start gaining on PS4 after this holiday where I fully expect it to outsell PS4 in NA.

Now if MS doesn't drop the price then all bets are off and then of course PS4 will win NA.

wow such nonsense. Titanfall 2 can easily be made for oct next year. Not quite two years but close. since they dont need to worry about story they can focus on an asset rehaul and have a quick development time. Yo act like if MS drops the price sony just cant do the same. considering sony is manufacturing so much more id bet its chaper to manufacturer than they estimated with 5m shipped at end of FY

Lol Titanfall 2 will be made in less than a year? It took respawn 3 years to make the first one with a crappy engine. The game runs like crap even on PC unless you have a high end rig. I should hit minimum 100fps max settings on that game with my setup. Instead it runs like crap unless I turn it down to high settings. Titanfall 2 won't be out for at least 2 years but most likely 3. Respawn is a very small studio.

Sony can't afford to just drop the price whenver they feel like it. They are in horrible financial shape regardless how well the PS4 is selling.

Around the Network

You want reliable, reasonable, and methodological and scientific estimates?  Just look at my threads and gamer tag. Then witness the future to be unfold gradually.

8the Generation Cumulative Market Share Watch

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=179057&page=1

XB1 vs PS4 Cumulative Market Share Watch

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178754&page=1

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178341&page=1

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167458&page=1

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

thismeintiel said:
tuscaniman99 said:
PS4 still won't win America. The Xbox One is still $499. Wait till this fall for the price cut + Halo effect. Next year we'll have another Halo effect and a Gears effect after that. Sony has no exclusive franchises with addicting multiplayer. NA will be closer at the end of this gen but Xbox will still win.

Actually, it's $449, now, with a game.  Walmart isn't going back to $499 (they have signs in the front of the store and in the electronics department advertising the new price), so I doubt anyone else will.  Are you going to drop the price cut, too, and just leave Halo in there if/when Sony wins April?

Right now this is still treated as a promotion, for example Amazon only gives a discount at checkout.  However I would be really surprised if the price ever goes back up to $499.  Sales would drop off a cliff while people waited for the cut to return.

My 8th gen collection

tuscaniman99 said:

Lol Titanfall 2 will be made in less than a year? It took respawn 3 years to make the first one with a crappy engine. The game runs like crap even on PC unless you have a high end rig. I should hit minimum 100fps max settings on that game with my setup. Instead it runs like crap unless I turn it down to high settings. Titanfall 2 won't be out for at least 2 years but most likely 3. Respawn is a very small studio.

Sony can't afford to just drop the price whenver they feel like it. They are in horrible financial shape regardless how well the PS4 is selling.

wow... lets count with me. March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January, February, March (past a year), April, May , June , July, August, September, October. 20months is way longer than a year. Doesnt include the fact they probably have concept art and new level designs probably going whle developing the first one. Not only that but after having assests set development should be able to be accomplished much quicker. 

tuscaniman99 said:

wow... lets count with me. March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January, February, March (past a year), April, May , June , July, August, September, October. 20months is way longer than a year. Doesnt include the fact they probably have concept art and new level designs probably going whle developing the first one. Not only that but after having assests set development should be able to be accomplished much quicker. 

If the game releases in October than it has to be done before October. I'm not even going to argue with you. The fact you think a AAA game will have a sequel less than 2 years with a studio that has 1/4 of every other studio making AAA games is ludicrous.

Around the Network

Since E3 2013 everything has played out just as I have said and expected. However before e3 I thought that microsoft would win the generation handily, especially in the US. It really is quite impressive that PS4 has taken control of the US, something I think even the hardcore sony fanboys did not see coming.

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

I...don't even know where to start.

Please keep it civil, at least until the end of my shift...please let it be another Mod's problem

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

daredevil.shark said:
PS4 changed everything.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

tuscaniman99 said:
tuscaniman99 said:

If the game releases in October than it has to be done before October. I'm not even going to argue with you. The fact you think a AAA game will have a sequel less than 2 years with a studio that has 1/4 of every other studio making AAA games is ludicrous.

The fact that you dont realize how the industry that you must like enough to post on a site dedicated to its sales works is mind boggling. A. the 1/4th size is irrelevant. With its success of Titanfall it can easily expand now to become bigger. B. L4D and L4D2 was done a year apart from each other. C. Development cycles should speed up after the first title launches unless some serious mismanagement with resources is going on.

thismeintiel said:
UltimateUnknown said:
VanceIX said:
Mr Khan said:

Not necessarily low, but some people do take this more seriously than others. It's a formula for conflict.

I suppose. Just felt like it was flame-bait for some X1 fans :P

X1 fan? What's a X1 fan?

Fans of this, duh? 

My eyes have been opened. Thank you good sir.