Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW + SW Up 12th April 2014

VitroBahllee said:
drake_tolu said:
PS4 succes
3DS good
XO bad
PSVita much bad
Wii U omg ._.

What do you mean Xbox One bad? It beat PS4 to be number one this week?

console must make a minimum 100,000 on week for me, and XO sold less...

Around the Network
pezus said:
kirby007 said:
NPD also does adjustments, the thing where its different from vgc is that vgc readjusts, while NPD just adjust the following months to match known/offical numbers

"1. February wasn't an adjustment month, the One did worse in March then February. Tax returns did very well for the console in Feb and outside of Titanfall week sales for the One were sloooow in March.

2. April is looking to be rough. I honestly won't be surprised soon if we see the One hit around 100k months soon. If MS dont make some drastic moves this summer will be brutal.
"

-BenV

I'm not debating his points, i'm just saying the NPD is gospel is getting old, since they do exactly the same as VGC,

Eventho they might be more accurate even they do adjustments

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

pezus said:

Why didn't you correct his Vita remark then?

I didn't realize it was my job, and I still don't. Why don't you correct it then?

I think, after the last month, it's safe to say the PS4 is being undertracked and the X1 probably overtracked. I very much doubt the X1 is over the PS4, if it didn't manage to do it in March, it's not happening this month. This time around, I'm definitely taking these numbers with a gigantic grain of salt. 

kirby007 said:
pezus said:
kirby007 said:
NPD also does adjustments, the thing where its different from vgc is that vgc readjusts, while NPD just adjust the following months to match known/offical numbers

"1. February wasn't an adjustment month, the One did worse in March then February. Tax returns did very well for the console in Feb and outside of Titanfall week sales for the One were sloooow in March.

2. April is looking to be rough. I honestly won't be surprised soon if we see the One hit around 100k months soon. If MS dont make some drastic moves this summer will be brutal.
"

-BenV

I'm not debating his points, i'm just saying the NPD is gospel is getting old, since they do exactly the same as VGC,

Eventho they might be more accurate even they do adjustments

NPD is still more accurate than vgchartz.

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:

NPD is still more accurate than vgchartz.

NPD is taken as fact by the big 3, I find it hilarious that people still question their numbers. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

wary-wallaroo said:

I think, after the last month, it's safe to say the PS4 is being undertracked and the X1 probably overtracked. I very much doubt the X1 is over the PS4, if it didn't manage to do it in March, it's not happening this month. This time around, I'm definitely taking these numbers with a gigantic grain of salt. 

I'm waiting to see all the people pretend to not realize you're talking about just America. I doubt it will happen to you.

So, most people here don't think VGC has accurate numbers? That's what I'm getting from people who think PS4 isn't high enough and X1 is too high. 

VitroBahllee said:
wary-wallaroo said:

I'm waiting to see all the people pretend to not realize you're talking about just America. I doubt it will happen to you.

So, most people here don't think VGC has accurate numbers? That's what I'm getting from people who think PS4 isn't high enough and X1 is too high. 

I think VGchartz European numbers a lot closer, since there's weekly data to kind of extrapolate what may be happening. Same for Japan. NA, though, yea there's no way the X1 isn't being overtracked, especially after March. I think NA data is completely inaccurate and honestly, just guesses based on some kind of simple math. Everyone expected X1 to do better last month, so they tracked it higher than PS4. My guess is these numbers were already done before NPD came out and showed otherwise. Going by this, VG should show PS4 higher for the next few weeks during April, and probably adjust this week to reflect the new expectation. 

@those who target/quote me , let me repeat myself : I'm not debating NPD is more accurate, i'm debating the fact that they adjust their numbers as well which you people deny that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

pezus said:
wary-wallaroo said:
VitroBahllee said:
wary-wallaroo said:

I think VGchartz European numbers a lot closer, since there's weekly data to kind of extrapolate what may be happening. Same for Japan. NA, though, yea there's no way the X1 isn't being overtracked, especially after March. I think NA data is completely inaccurate and honestly, just guesses. 

Europe is probably more off, though. There's no hardware data weekly. Only software rankings for some countries.

True, but at least there's some kind of data that can serve as a guiding light to make the guesses better. NA is the one where it's completely off because offical data only comes out once a month.