By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW + SW Up 12th April 2014

DerNebel said:
ktay95 said:
DerNebel said:

I'll just take the freedom of putting what BenV said in the NPD thread just now, in here:

5. Destiny.......you guys have no idea how fucking huge this game is going to be."

Bigger than Halo smaller than CoD... say 16m all consoles lifetime

Which would be massive, basically that would make this the biggest new hardcore IP (say no Wii Sports/Wii Fit etc.), since who knows what.

I think its gonna rival TLoU, but i can't see it do more then +-9 million total

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
VitroBahllee said:
Farsala said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181828&page=1#

Not likely that XB1 beat PS4.

This is a different month.

Thats my point.  Titanfall hype is over. Now it is supposed to steep down for xbox one sales numbers. Maybe xbox 360's hype is fueling xbox one's sales. But still ps4's sales is undertracked.

Each month we got a guy to say "this a different month" and each month NPD slap them

daredevil.shark said:

Thats my point.  Titanfall hype is over. Now it is supposed to steep down for xbox one sales numbers. Maybe xbox 360's hype is fueling xbox one's sales. But still ps4's sales is undertracked.

Just because launch month is over doesn't mean Titanfall hype is over. It's getting great word of mouth from people who are playing it. In most industries with IP products people like, word of mouth generates most sales. Besides, there's a lot of price cuts going on. GASP maybe some people actually wanted Kinect Sports Rivals, as well - it was the number 3 software of the week. 

Well they did just have Kinect Sports Rivals come out, so thats sure to have moved a few consoles...

pezus said:
VitroBahllee said:
drake_tolu said:
PS4 succes
3DS good
XO bad
PSVita much bad
Wii U omg ._.

What do you mean Xbox One bad? It beat PS4 to be number one this week?

Huh? 140k vs. 88k

US sales.

Around the Network

NPD also does adjustments, the thing where its different from vgc is that vgc readjusts, while NPD just adjust the following months to match known/offical numbers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

pezus said:
VitroBahllee said:
pezus said:
VitroBahllee said:
drake_tolu said:
PS4 succes
3DS good
XO bad
PSVita much bad
Wii U omg ._.

What do you mean Xbox One bad? It beat PS4 to be number one this week?

Huh? 140k vs. 88k

US sales.

Was drake talking about US sales? Or Global sales...?

I just think it's silly to say one is doing great and the other is doing 'bad' when the 'bad' one was number one in one of the three territories. Maybe they're both doing great? Just a possibility.

ktay95 said:
DerNebel said:
ktay95 said:
DerNebel said:

I'll just take the freedom of putting what BenV said in the NPD thread just now, in here:

5. Destiny.......you guys have no idea how fucking huge this game is going to be."

Bigger than Halo smaller than CoD... say 16m all consoles lifetime

Which would be massive, basically that would make this the biggest new hardcore IP (say no Wii Sports/Wii Fit etc.), since who knows what.

Biggest new non Nintendo IP on a video game console I think? Which is amazing because nobody can actually top Nintendo, just look at the all time sales charts =P

GTA V, COD: MW3, COD: MW2, COD: BO2 also make it to the list but there sales are split between platforms. So many devs can actually top Nintendo even without universal appeal.

VitroBahllee said:
Farsala said:
VitroBahllee said:
daredevil.shark said:

Vgchartgz numbers for ps4 seems to be undertracked.

What do you base this on?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181828&page=1#

Not likely that XB1 beat PS4.

This is a different month.

If Microsoft didn't even come close to beating Sony in March with Titanfall then it's not going to happen in April. This why people are calling BS. 

Take a look at what BenVTrigger posted for further proof:

Hey guys just woke up. Lots of questions so I'll touch on them all here.

"1. February wasn't an adjustment month, the One did worse in March then February. Tax returns did very well for the console in Feb and outside of Titanfall week sales for the One were sloooow in March.

2. April is looking to be rough. I honestly won't be surprised soon if we see the One hit around 100k months soon. If MS dont make some drastic moves this summer will be brutal.

3. Watch Dogs is going to be pretty huge on next gen. Most of the mass market consumers know nothing about the "drama" or "downgrade". That being said the delay has hurt the hype and if the game reviews low that could certainly hurt it. As long as it reviews even decently though should have an excellent launch / attach rate.

4. Sony saying the system is heavily supply constrained currently isn't true. It was in March but April has been pretty good all things considered. Not overflowing mind you but the best Ive seen since launch. 

I would say that this at supports, doesn't proof of course but supports, the believe that many in here have that the US numbers aren't necessarily accurate.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Ucell said:

GTA V, COD: MW3, COD: MW2, COD: BO2 also make it to the list but there sales are split between platforms. So many devs can actually top Nintendo even without universal appeal.

Well technically none of those topped Nintendo =P

But yes Im aware some games that are multiplats do make it up there when combined. Dosent stop Nintendo from having a ridiculous amount of the best selling titles though.