By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW + SW Up 12th April 2014

Fusioncode said:
WebMasterFlex said:

NPD is still more accurate than vgchartz.

NPD is taken as fact by the big 3, I find it hilarious that people still question their numbers. 

Yes.

The fact that I have to say NPD is more accurate than vgchartz is kinda crazy.

For 3 months PS4 outsold X1 in US and we remember what vgchartz said. Sorry but it seems that vgchartz got some issues for tracking US Sales. And we don't talk about Europe because we don't have NPD Euro or something.

Around the Network

Yup, no way XB1 is ahead in america after seeing March NPD....

Good numbers all around, however the Wii U numbers are worrying. Can't believe it's doing less than the "Doomed" Vita.

The PS4 sells almost as much in one month, as the amount of X1s shipped in an entire quarter. That's crazy.

pezus said:
VitroBahllee said:
pezus said:

Why didn't you correct his Vita remark then?

I didn't realize it was my job, and I still don't. Why don't you correct it then?

It's not your job. Very well, then. How would you describe Vita sales? Amazing, great, good, mediocre, bad, terrible?

It's doing amazing. Almost just as well as PS4. It is first in one of the 3 major territories afterall. :p

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Xbox One price cut finally in effect!!!!!!

SONY needs to cut PS4's price!

Kinect sports effect

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

VitroBahllee said:
pezus said:

Why didn't you correct his Vita remark then?

I didn't realize it was my job, and I still don't. Why don't you correct it then?

I think he was just trying to say you felt the need to correct the XB1 because it was 1st in one of the 3 territories but didn't feel the need to correct the Vita when it was also first in one of the 3. And you are kind of kicking your self saying it's not your job but felt the need to do it for the XB1 in America when the post you quoted was indeed talking about just WW sales not a specific terriotory in general. Just my thoughts...

Anyway it is best to just let certain things go if you ask me.

On Topic:

Very ineteresting sales and I am happy for the Vita in Japan it deserves more sales elsewhere though IMO! ANd these next few weeks and next month will be ineresting I don't expect the sales level of any of the systems to remain where they are and will be expecting a nice drop for all systems across the board.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Talal said:

It's doing amazing. Almost just as well as PS4. It is first in one of the 3 major territories afterall. :p

Haha, well played! :D

You know what's the most terrifying thing about the XO sales in Europe? That the argument "it's only available in a few countries" isn't really true. Here in Poland (where XO isn't officially released) you can buy a XO in pretty much every single game store. There are consoles available, games, accessories - everything. And the price difference between XO and PS4 is actually smaller than 100 Euro. So now when we deduct the UK sales we see just how dire the situation is. It's pretty much game over for MS right from the start.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

pezus said:

It's not your job. Very well, then. How would you describe Vita sales? Amazing, great, good, mediocre, bad, terrible?

I would not describe them. Outside my interests.

Scisca said:
I find it hard to believe XO won in US. It could be possible, since MS has started to pick up the fight recently (the pricecut and a bundled TF - crazy! I wonder how big loss such a unit generates to MS), but is highly unlikely after the last NPD. PS4 is just beasting even in the XO home territory.

On the other hand the other numbers confirm something that I've felt was coming our way for months:

!!Vita is the best selling console in Japan!!

I felt that Sony is just gonna divide the world into two markets - the West will get PS4, while Japan will get Vita. You could see that coming with the complete lack of Japanese games on PS4 and the incredible onslaught of Japanese games on Vita. I mean, look at the Japanese 2014 lineup on Vita - it's the best out of all consoles on the market. Sony has decided to take the fight where it can win it.
Japanese prefer handhelds and Japanese developers can't really jump to next-gen home consoles as fast as the Western ones? Vita it is - the power is just perfect for their needs and it's starting to leave 3DS behind.
West prefers home consoles and Western developers have been craving new powerful hardware? Here you go, get the PS4!

I won't be surprised if Vita outsells PS4 in Japan when all is said and done. Makes me laugh even more thinking about a certain thread from some time ago... :) I just hope we are still going to be getting translated versions of Japanese Vita games.

I don't believe that japanese don't like home console just because it's an home console it's just because devs don't make enaught game on console in comparison with handheld.

If japanese really love handheld they would buy handheld even with a bad library of games

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m