By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson: 'PS4 vs X1 a marathon, not a sprint, we know what we have to do'

D-Joe said:
TarHeeLsALLday said:
As far as games already out and announced MS is destroying Sony this gen imho. And I doubt anything from a depleted Santa Monica or GG's new IP (based on how mediocre KZ is) will change that. Hardware sales are irrelevant to me. Its all about the games and MS is bringing it this gen.

Well seeing how many Sony fans spend a lot of time in here,maybe it's true

Let's not make this about fandom bashing. Please.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Given this months NPD i dont think price is the only factor.

PS4 genuinely seems to be the preferred console of the US as of right now. Maybe it's because of the bad rep MS has gotten lately i don't know. But they definitely should have won this months NPD given the value preposition.

They going to need more games, a better price and better PR. This is a good step in the right direction.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Fusioncode said:
I don't know Microsoft, Sony has yet to bring a single major seller to PS4 and they're still dominating. Killzone and Infamous are fine, but wait until Uncharted and Gran Turismo come out.

Funny thing is every one seems to forget sony still has the ultimate trump card they havent used yet and when they do this bs game argument that xbox supporters use will be null and void #gaikai :)

pezus said:
Yeah, they need to drop the price to $300 and hope Sony does nothing to be able to catch up a bit.

I know that's the only thing that can catapult them into first place right now. But will it make the investors happy? It will absolutely be good for the gamers, but will it be good for business at this point?

Max King of the Wild said:
TarHeeLsALLday said:

A last gen port and a baseball game are nothing to brag about. We know Titanfall outsold Infamous 2:1 in America and there is also Forza 5, DR3, Ryse, PvZ and a plethora of great download titles on XB1 right now. There is also 2 very promising new IP coming later this year Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive compared to only The Order for PS4 and Forza Horizon 2 has a much better chance of being a great game than Driveclub which seems like vaporware at this point. Also as far as remakes go I'm much more excited to for Halo 2 Anniversary to play that classic mp than a "remaster" of a year old game.

if titanfall counts for xb1 then tlou counts for ps4. cant have it bothways buddy. Also, you are saying a baseball game is nothing to brag about... in you opinion maybe but wha matters to gamers is game and not all gamers share the same taste as you. thus a baseball game does count as a game because the name of the game is to have as many games to cater to every gamer. and with the baseball game and indies sony is winning that game. oh yeah and pvz isnt exclusive to xb1 either

Titanfall is a brand new game. TLOU is a year old. Not sure what point you're trying to make there. MLB The Show is nice for Sony but those games really don't sell much at all and is the least popular sports game with the exception of NHL I think.

Around the Network
TarHeeLsALLday said:
TarHeeLsALLday said:

A last gen port and a baseball game are nothing to brag about. We know Titanfall outsold Infamous 2:1 in America and there is also Forza 5, DR3, Ryse, PvZ and a plethora of great download titles on XB1 right now. There is also 2 very promising new IP coming later this year Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive compared to only The Order for PS4 and Forza Horizon 2 has a much better chance of being a great game than Driveclub which seems like vaporware at this point. Also as far as remakes go I'm much more excited to for Halo 2 Anniversary to play that classic mp than a "remaster" of a year old game.

if titanfall counts for xb1 then tlou counts for ps4. cant have it bothways buddy. Also, you are saying a baseball game is nothing to brag about... in you opinion maybe but wha matters to gamers is game and not all gamers share the same taste as you. thus a baseball game does count as a game because the name of the game is to have as many games to cater to every gamer. and with the baseball game and indies sony is winning that game. oh yeah and pvz isnt exclusive to xb1 either

Titanfall is a brand new game. TLOU is a year old. Not sure what point you're trying to make there. MLB The Show is nice for Sony but those games really don't sell much at all and is the least popular sports game with the exception of NHL I think.

Don't Matter.

Source: March NPD

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

TarHeeLsALLday said:

you can put as many qualifiers you want on you statement but that doesnt change the fact that sony is winning because sony is giving the general populous what they want in a game console and that is the games 

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
TarHeeLsALLday said:
TarHeeLsALLday said:

Don't Matter.

Source: March NPD

Being $100 cheaper will do that.

TarHeeLsALLday said:

you can put as many qualifiers you want on you statement but that doesnt change the fact that sony is winning because sony is giving the general populous what they want in a game console and that is the games 

$399 and the no DRM effect is what is selling PS4. People still have summer 2013 fresh in their mind and still view MS as a villain. Nothing to do with games at all atm.

Tagging this:

lets hope they do know what they have to do, i want MS to push sony to continue giving us the better experience and not get complacent

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz