By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson: 'PS4 vs X1 a marathon, not a sprint, we know what we have to do'

As far as games already out and announced MS is destroying Sony this gen imho. And I doubt anything from a depleted Santa Monica or GG's new IP (based on how mediocre KZ is) will change that. Hardware sales are irrelevant to me. Its all about the games and MS is bringing it this gen.

Around the Network
vivster said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
vivster said:
The guy with the strongest legs and best stamina wins marathons, right? I wonder who that is this gen.

If by "We know what we have to do" he means taking steroids, there might still be a chance.

A pro athelete on a healthy diet will still always beat a fat kid on steroids.

But what if the fat kid has very rich parents who not only buy it a car but also pay the judges to look the other way?

A new record time I would assume.

Possible... but the athlete would still stand taller in the eyes of the spectators. The fat kid would only benefit from short-term gains, and at the olympics where it matters most he will still get owned.

This is what is good about the goof-ups Microsoft made over the past 10 months. It has humbled them and as a result they will fight harder. It reminds me of when the 360 and PS3 were new. Sony took their klout and ruined it. Over the years, they had to fight to get back in it and on par with the changes that Microsoft brought to gaming. Sony learned a lot and it shows with the PS4. Now Microsoft is in a similar situation and evidence from the past 3-4 months shows that they are going to do all they can to get back into the good graces of gamers.

All in all, competition keeps companies in check. Imagine a world where there is only one console maker. Things would not be moving like they are now if that was the case.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

You think he will be saying "Oh no S### we got outsold in US again, Europe is a lost cause, Japan..."

TarHeeLsALLday said:
As far as games already out and announced MS is destroying Sony this gen imho. And I doubt anything from a depleted Santa Monica or GG's new IP (based on how mediocre KZ is) will change that. Hardware sales are irrelevant to me. Its all about the games and MS is bringing it this gen.

Well seeing how many Sony fans spend a lot of time in here,maybe it's true

Around the Network
TarHeeLsALLday said:

Sony winshands down with vame. thats why they are winning right now. XB1 fans just like to act like all sony had was a launch lineup. Now they have last gens game of the generation in TLoU coming in sumer. MLB The Show, the only MLB game on consoles this year. And Infamous just launched. This doesnt inclde the massive library psn is racking up thanks to sonys knowedge about games.

You would think that the no game argument would've died last gen. When there is nothing else left to grasp onto and even the US turns it back. At least its clear who has the high ground.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I don't know Microsoft, Sony has yet to bring a single major seller to PS4 and they're still dominating. Killzone and Infamous are fine, but wait until Uncharted and Gran Turismo come out.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Max King of the Wild said:
TarHeeLsALLday said:

Sony winshands down with vame. thats why they are winning right now. XB1 fans just like to act like all sony had was a launch lineup. Now they have last gens game of the generation in TLoU coming in sumer. MLB The Show, the only MLB game on consoles this year. And Infamous just launched. This doesnt inclde the massive library psn is racking up thanks to sonys knowedge about games.

A last gen port and a baseball game are nothing to brag about. We know Titanfall outsold Infamous 2:1 in America and there is also Forza 5, DR3, Ryse, PvZ and a plethora of great download titles on XB1 right now. There is also 2 very promising new IP coming later this year Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive compared to only The Order for PS4 and Forza Horizon 2 has a much better chance of being a great game than Driveclub which seems like vaporware at this point. Also as far as remakes go I'm much more excited to for Halo 2 Anniversary to play that classic mp than a "remaster" of a year old game.

TarHeeLsALLday said:

A last gen port and a baseball game are nothing to brag about. We know Titanfall outsold Infamous 2:1 in America and there is also Forza 5, DR3, Ryse, PvZ and a plethora of great download titles on XB1 right now. There is also 2 very promising new IP coming later this year Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive compared to only The Order for PS4 and Forza Horizon 2 has a much better chance of being a great game than Driveclub which seems like vaporware at this point. Also as far as remakes go I'm much more excited to for Halo 2 Anniversary to play that classic mp than a "remaster" of a year old game.

if titanfall counts for xb1 then tlou counts for ps4. cant have it bothways buddy. Also, you are saying a baseball game is nothing to brag about... in you opinion maybe but wha matters to gamers is game and not all gamers share the same taste as you. thus a baseball game does count as a game because the name of the game is to have as many games to cater to every gamer. and with the baseball game and indies sony is winning that game. oh yeah and pvz isnt exclusive to xb1 either