By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cheat Code Central: "Zero Suit Samus’s New Design is Sexist is here's why"

Tagged games:

MohammadBadir said:
Sakurai digs busty women :D

Who doesn't? lol

On another note: Feminists really need to shut the fuck up sometimes.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Pavolink said:
Kasz216 said:

*Looks at bayonetta avatar*

uhuh.

Either way. Christ rocket heels are a dumb idea for Samus.

Guess they're going with a more Other M style Samus. (The Samus nobody liked)

Rather then the non nonsense tough soldier Samus that originally existed.

Original Samus is about as likely to wear heels as the Contra guys.

The one you don't like. I like Other M Samus. She is so pretty.

I think you'll find you're in a small minority there. (Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that)

You think wrong. Just because the game is not well rated doesn't mean people don't like the perfect model.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

curl-6, your opinion, as expressed in the article you wrote, is terrible!

Samus wearing heels as part of her zero suit does make me roll my eyes, but the article is definitely reaching.

RCTjunkie said:

My bad. A vast majority of feminist articles I've read were written by females, so I guess I just made a pattern association. 

No, you made a sexist assumption.

i've honestly always considered Zero Suit Samus to be a sexually-suggestive character. is it overly sexual and unwarranted? maybe. but this isn't anything new imo.

She's always been sexualised as a reward for the presumed heterosexual adolescent male 80's gamer who completed the game fast enough and got the treat of seeing her strip down to her pixalated underwear.

So it's not inconsistent, although personally I always disliked that aspect of the earlier games. It cheapened the badassness of the character and seemed almost as out of place as saying 'Neh' to Shodan.

I don't think you can call an individual game sexist for having a sexualised character, but collectively the overall poor representation of women in videogames (Compared to male representation) is sexist... At least she's not Princess Peach.

Around the Network

Oooohh noooo... high heeeeeeeeeelssssss... But Mario and Link are wearing boots... BOOTS! That TOTALLY appeals to girls and not boys! That's sexism! And (on a more serious note) the Male Wii Fit Trainer is totally super hot!
Really!? What do people find in high heels!?? How can somebody find an uncomfertable, expensive, and not even good looking shoe as "sexualized"?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

They can sexualize her all they want, as long as they don't nerf her Dsmash

Well It's not sexist since it will make more guys play as girl characters!

It's a little sexist, but I don't think anyone should make a big deal out of it.

Slarvax said:
Oooohh noooo... high heeeeeeeeeelssssss... But Mario and Link are wearing boots... BOOTS! That TOTALLY appeals to girls and not boys! That's sexism! And (on a more serious note) the Male Wii Fit Trainer is totally super hot!
Really!? What do people find in high heels!?? How can somebody find an uncomfertable, expensive, and not even good looking shoe as "sexualized"?

1. They're probably feminist, so everything about women is sexual.

2. Lots of guys like curves, high heels have curves.

3. The vast majority of foot fetishist (Which there's a hella lot of them) like high heels.

"Samus has the right to be as hot as she can, and wear what she wants."

Its what feminists would say.