By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cheat Code Central: "Zero Suit Samus’s New Design is Sexist is here's why"

Tagged games:

Little do Social Justice Warriors and Feminists know, that constantly barraging us with articles littered with both formal and informal fallacies will do nothing to change the opinion of the majority.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
She's jumping to conclusions too quick. 

Pretty sure Angelo is a boy's name, so the writer is a guy.

Pavolink said:
Kasz216 said:

*Looks at bayonetta avatar*

uhuh.

Either way. Christ rocket heels are a dumb idea for Samus.

Guess they're going with a more Other M style Samus. (The Samus nobody liked)

Rather then the non nonsense tough soldier Samus that originally existed.

Original Samus is about as likely to wear heels as the Contra guys.

The one you don't like. I like Other M Samus. She is so pretty.

I think you'll find you're in a small minority there. (Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that)

curl-6 said:
RCTjunkie said:
She's jumping to conclusions too quick. 

Pretty sure Angelo is a boy's name, so the writer is a guy.

My bad. A vast majority of feminist articles I've read were written by females, so I guess I just made a pattern association. 

Btw, who do we reckon is behind the more sexualized design, Sakurai, or Namco?

Around the Network

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I honestly could not tell they changed her dimensions. Of course to me Samus is someone wearing orange armor with a cannon for an arm, so this depiction always meant little to me.

I remarked that I didn't like what they did with her design in the Smash Brother thread. When I saw the heels and cupgrade, I just rolled my eyes. I think it's ironic that this the Samus everyone feared would appear in Other M, because of Team Ninja, shows up in a subsequent game without their involvement.

Captain Falcon's had visible nips since, what, Melee?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

chapset said:

Yes, they should include Bayonetta in Smash Bros U/3DS

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.