By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I feel Knack and Ryse: Son of Rome are best launch titles.

Tagged games:

GotBoth said:
Mr Puggsly said:

In a nutshell, I'd like to see a deeper experience. What we got was a relatively simple combat system, the game was too reliant on QTEs and offered little variety. It felt like a 6 hour arcade game.

I like the idea of Ryse, a realistic hack n' slash game. There are aspects of the game I definitely enjoyed, but as a whole it was shallow experience. I wasn't left wanting more at the end, I was just left with a feeling of untapped potential.

A more ideal experience would be an open world RPG similar to Witcher 2, but with a similar (and deeper) combat system, setting, and story telling of Ryse.

Thats the problem with gamers, if you want a game like x, go buy x and play it until your hearts content. Ryse is not Witcher 2 or similar too it.  If thats the kind of game you like buy it.  Waiting One day and looking at youtube videos could have kept you from buying Ryse but you bought it and complained about gameplay when you could have not bought it and watched the reviews first.

Well played! You ask me what do I want, I tell you, and now I am a problem.

You're right, Ryse is not Witcher 2. And unless Ryse becomes something else/better, that IP is dead. Ryse is mediocre game, it deserved the poor critical reception it received, and it only sold well due to little selection at launch.

It appears you are more open to mediocrity than I am, good on you. I gave the game a try and have constructive criticisms, deal with it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

It might not be your type of game but trust me more people are still playing it and will play it month from now then both Ryse and Knack also it still has better legs then both of them.  Plus there is a good chance it will get a huge boost in the near future because it has a good chance of being in the first X1 holiday bundle.

But... Complexity = Variation.

I guess it's all about what you prefer though.