By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft saved Titanfall from being canned, sony lacked cooperation/openness

lucky Sony never get this game or else what would happen to XB1 Titanfall launch sales...

Around the Network

Fauxbuzz.com

Seriously, i don't even know how you can go on site like this one to search for reliable sources.

Faux = False in french, and this story is only on this site. (and if it's real...Ea who need funding ? Serious ? )

Now all they have to do is make Attack on Titan DLC for Titanfall and they're saved in Japan! 

I doubt that would save it, but it would be awesome to transform into a Titan in that game!

Namiirei said:

Fauxbuzz.com

Seriously, i don't even know how you can go on site like this one to search for reliable sources.

Faux = False in french, and this story is only on this site. (and if it's real...Ea who need funding ? Serious ? )

It is real. That site reported it directly from The Final Hours of Titanfall documentary.

Also why is it surprising EA wanted to find funding? A new IP that usn't theirs and only under their partnership program. Why should they g all in when someone else is willing to fund.

It also seems like Respawn wanted to play each company off of each other to get more money.

This is completely false and it bias by saying that Microsoft saved it. How did it need any saving? You had EA behind it. EA can easily fund the whole project. They are the second biggest third party developer in the States and probably the world. Sony is more open to accept games than Microsoft who turns down games like Heavy Rain.

Even what Respawn says could be under the little they know because they are the developer and could care less if it is exclusive. It doesn't help them any. This deal was between EA and Microsoft simply for a console seller. That is the reason why its exclusive. Microsoft jumped on it knowing the success of shooters and the minds behind Call of Duty. Simple as that.

Around the Network

There are some strange components to this story.

Respawn couldn't get funding? Even if EA refused to fund Titanfall, I'm supposed to believe that Respawn couldn't convince a venture capital investment firm that they could deliver a successful product? That they were just going to close shop and call it a day? What is even the point of Respawn signing with EA in the first place? They wouldn't fund the game but they had the power to trade away console exclusivity? Respawn "wasn't dealing directly with Xbox" but they continuously pleaded with Sony?

Some of this doesn't add up all that well.

It sounds more like EA was shopping this around, basically trying to extort money from Microsoft and Sony. I don't believe for one second that they would not have funded the game themselves if neither console manufacturer had been interested.

Very cool glad ms saved it

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Keegs79 said:
This is completely false and it bias by saying that Microsoft saved it. How did it need any saving? You had EA behind it. EA can easily fund the whole project. They are the second biggest third party developer in the States and probably the world. Sony is more open to accept games than Microsoft who turns down games like Heavy Rain.

Even what Respawn says could be under the little they know because they are the developer and could care less if it is exclusive. It doesn't help them any. This deal was between EA and Microsoft simply for a console seller. That is the reason why its exclusive. Microsoft jumped on it knowing the success of shooters and the minds behind Call of Duty. Simple as that.

You are right. Close shop. Trust this guy and no one else. Fuck what the Respawn team tells you. Insight like no other right here

Lol. So EA refused to fund the game being made by the people who created what CoD is today. Pretty sure EA ripped Respawn and/or MS off in some way or another. Extra profit$$$$.

That's not the new (@Yosp) Sony way. Might be a fake. Can someone PM me how to get a signature?

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"