By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You know what Nintendo should do?

That is a neat idea! You could exchange coins for small downloadable eShop titles and VC games. I can see this becoming a powerful strategy for earning brand loyalty - convincing consumers to own both a Nintendo handheld and Nintendo home consoles

Around the Network

Yes please. Lack of trophies and achievements is just another factor that kills my interest in Nintendo stuff lately.

Would be great to have.

I was thinking that there are a lot of great things Nintendo could do with an achievement system. I personally think they should do a Miiverse/CN integrated Challenge system where the challenges are actually interesting things to do ingame instead of a boring, overly long achievement list. The challenges wouldn't last forever and there would only be a few (3-ish) at a time, promoting sales of new games and strengthening the community.

Completing challenges would do a few things for you. All challenges would go towards a point total for each month, and the top x amount of people would get a star on their profile and next to any Miiverse posts for a month. Additionally, depending on the game, the developers could offer discounts to their other games.

All of the points you earn are club Nintendo coins, which can be spent on a large variety of things (including discounts for some games or free games or prizes etc).

Also, stamps...

No, I like how Nintendo games have no trophy's, it's less competetive that way, and that's how I like it. I want to collect items and beat Nintendo games to my leasure. However I do like the in game achievement's (like Advance Wars/Metroid Prime), those should be comparable.

----

I like what the 3DS has, and I wish that were more open to people on my friends list. On the 3DS it lists the games you played based on the number of hours plays, it would be nice to compare my games to my friends and see what they really enjoy playing.

Summary = I want to be able to compare games played with friends.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Sounds good, really good, so we know that is never going to happen because... is Nintendo

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:
Not a bad idea but I would rather they expand on the Deluxe Digital Promotion and put codes in retail cases you can also redeem for points towards the promotion.

For those that aren't aware of the Deluxe Digital Promotion, it gives you back 10% of what you purchase on the eshop but in $5 increments. So for every $50 dollars you spend you get a $5 dollar code for the eshop.

If they expand this program to include codes in retail copies of games I think it would help drive sales up also. And games bought on the eshop also give you coins on club nintendo so I don't see why they couldn't include the club nintendo codes too.

Money back for the eshop= more money spent on games.

Exactally! The deluxe promotion is close to end now(like 4 more months) and nintendo didn't announce plans to extend it yet. So i'm a litlle worried. But the club nintendo rewards need to be something bigger, and global too, Something only gets to USA while the rest of america is ignored altogheter. I know too that some europe countries doesnt have a club nitnendo either.

Correct this nintendo!

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I can see it enriching the already established install base quite well, but I don't believe it can entice too many potential buyers alone.

If they have a trophy system I really hope they have the coins from Mario as them. That would be awesome!

You reminded me I haven't checked the Club Nintendo rewards for a while!  OT, I like the idea.

I've always thought Nintendo Stars as an achievement, the more you have the more your eligible to buy from club nintendo