By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 local multiplayer: 6 players in Vs. and battle mode, is this waiting for too much?

Tagged games:

So much wishful thinking, thank god it's not contagious.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
160rmf said:
Mowco said:
3/4 player mode already has graphical reductions and a lower frame rate. Not going to happen.

maybe this problem will be fixed, sonic all star showed that even 5 players is possible

no one is saying it isnt possible just that Ninty isnt doing it

and where is confirmed that they're not doing that? if a third party dev made this with a multi plat game, why ninty wouldn't do that?

We reap what we sow

Einsam_Delphin said:
Considering they've already unveiled 4-player Grand Prix mode, they definitely would have said something about a 6th or even 5th additional player by now if they were going to implement it.

Holy *** is this really confirmed? Isn't this 4x better than MKWii grand prix mode in terms of co-op? Where's the source? I need to know 0_0

160rmf said:
oniyide said:
160rmf said:
Mowco said:
3/4 player mode already has graphical reductions and a lower frame rate. Not going to happen.

maybe this problem will be fixed, sonic all star showed that even 5 players is possible

no one is saying it isnt possible just that Ninty isnt doing it

and where is confirmed that they're not doing that? if a third party dev made this with a multi plat game, why ninty wouldn't do that?

...Because they want the game to run at a sufficient framerate?

t3mporary_126 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Considering they've already unveiled 4-player Grand Prix mode, they definitely would have said something about a 6th or even 5th additional player by now if they were going to implement it.

Holy *** is this really confirmed? Isn't this 4x better than MKWii grand prix mode in terms of co-op? Where's the source? I need to know 0_0

Quick google search just found a couple of rumour articles all posted on 31st of March or 1st of April.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

See for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxLhwKTufcI

In Mario Kart Wii you could select tracks and it'd count points over all races. Really it's whether you can play the actual grandprix mode and unlock stuff in local multiplayer. Can't really tell from that video.

160rmf said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

maybe they are holding this to revail later and catch everyone in surprise, that is what i fear

Can't say that's impossible, but it's uber extremely unlikely at this point so you're better off not expecting it.

Mowco said:
So much wishful thinking, thank god it's not contagious.

You deserve a medal for that post!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

spemanig said:

...Because they want the game to run at a sufficient framerate?

i don't know about you, but i can live with 30 fps

We reap what we sow