By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 local multiplayer: 6 players in Vs. and battle mode, is this waiting for too much?

Tagged games:

Mowco said:
In Mario Kart Wii you could select tracks and it'd count points over all races. Really it's whether you can play the actual grandprix mode and unlock stuff in local multiplayer. Can't really tell from that video.

Banna cup logo in the bottom left of the screen during the course intros, so it's the main grand prix! Can't say about unlocking stuff just yet though.

Around the Network

Yeah that's the problem without being able to unlock stuff you could basically just do that in Mario Kart Wii by telling it in the rules to last 4 races.

Mowco said:
In Mario Kart Wii you could select tracks and it'd count points over all races. Really it's whether you can play the actual grandprix mode and unlock stuff in local multiplayer. Can't really tell from that video.

That's actually pretty cool too! I hope there is the all tour cup option (?) like in double dash where you go through all the tracks in the game and it counts up the score.

Mowco said:
3/4 player mode already has graphical reductions and a lower frame rate. Not going to happen.

no graphical reductions were mentioned.

Zero999 said:
Mowco said:
3/4 player mode already has graphical reductions and a lower frame rate. Not going to happen.

no graphical reductions were mentioned.

Yeah you're right can't find anything about graphical reductions. I think i'm just counter-balancing the OP.

Around the Network
Mowco said:

Yeah that's the problem without being able to unlock stuff you could basically just do that in Mario Kart Wii by telling it in the rules to last 4 races.

Honestly whether you can unlock stuff is not that important as it'll soon become irrelevant anyway once you get everything. What matters is that you can play in Gran Prixs with your friends!

160rmf said:
oniyide said:
160rmf said:
Mowco said:

maybe this problem will be fixed, sonic all star showed that even 5 players is possible

no one is saying it isnt possible just that Ninty isnt doing it

and where is confirmed that they're not doing that? if a third party dev made this with a multi plat game, why ninty wouldn't do that?

So because they didnt say they wouldnt you automaticlly think thats confirmation? Thats not how this planet works. LOL

But to answer your question Becasue they are NINTENDO. THey dont need to people will buy the game anyway, so why go hard? Might as well save time and money and give people what they expect no more no less. 3rd party games dont have that luxury with a couple of rare exceptions, for the most part they have to go that extra mile to be noticed. Case in point NSMB lets not pretend they went hard for that.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Considering they've already unveiled 4-player Grand Prix mode, they definitely would have said something about a 6th or even 5th additional player by now if they were going to implement it.

They did!? Oh, thank God! That was one of my major gripes with MKWii. That, and the overabundance of items.

OT: That'd be wicked, but I dunno if the Wii U would be able to handle that many players while maintaining a solid 30fps.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Can't say that's impossible, but it's uber extremely unlikely at this point so you're better off not expecting it.

i was kinda kind expecting, but not anymore. With the answers that i got, all that i will do is vanish with my hopes and be happy with what was already revealed, wich is a lot of reasons to be happy about

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
Mowco said:

maybe this problem will be fixed, sonic all star showed that even 5 players is possible

Yes but Sonic doesn't come close to using half of a quarter of the Wii U's power, unlike Mario Kart 8.

So because Mario Kart 8 is so much more demanding than Sonic AS, it's a bit normal that the same couldn't be achieved.