By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Island Riptide sequal to hit current gen?

Would you like to see another sequal to the series?

Yes 22 62.86%

No 13 37.14%

Total:35

Deep Sliver has hinted at a sequel to Dead Island Riptide, the game considered as a large DLC or ‘1.5’. Although the game was considered ‘profitable’ Developers claim they weren’t happy with the poor status it received on realise.  After the accomplishment of the original Dead Island, they stated they were disappointed with the sequel which realised in 2013.  “A new generation of consoles should be a good point to consider some new, fresh gameplay.”

The rumours of a game title change such as ‘Dead World’ had been ruled out. Developers state “there will always be a strong link to ‘islands’. Deep silver is announcing there could be 3-4 sequels in the works for this series and claim it will not be a ‘copy over’ with just updated graphics. However the sequel Dead Island Riptide was criticized for just that.  IGN quote “It’s done nothing to build itself into a great game. Techland has slightly modified the setting and characters, but there are no surprises or killer new features to make an impression.” IGN gave the game a 7.2 and claimed they ‘loved it’.

Dead island fans have been asked to wait some ‘months’ for further news on sequels or DLC’s. It’s been just over 7 month’s scenes this news and no information referring to this topic has been given.  Would you like to see another Dead Island on our current gen consoles? What features do you think they should improve on? To be honest I can’t wait for news about this game, but in the mean while I’ll be playing Dying Light.

Around the Network

Dying Light is very similar. If it is received well by critics and consumesr I don't think they will go back to the Dead Island IP.

Yes it will be interesting to see how it pans out!

Come on bows and crossbows. While I liked the inclusion of throwing knives and stun guns in Riptide for a more silent approach, those weapons would be a great addition.

Bex said:
Come on bows and crossbows. While I liked the inclusion of throwing knives and stun guns in Riptide for a more silent approach, those weapons would be a great addition.

yes i hope they can add that feature to the xbox1, ps4 sequal

Around the Network

I love dead island.
Almost platinumed riptide (if it wasn't for that damn co-op trophy).
I'm also getting dying light and I would love another sequel of DI.

fuck the haters, you gotta love the modified weapons and the tropical settings. You just have to run around with some chill music slaughtering zombies. What's not fun about that?

I loved Dead Island, even though it was buggy and the dialogue was very cheesy, it hit the mark on most points on what a Zombie game was meant to be. (the locations were great).

Riptide, on the PS3 was a buggy mess :( - I would hope they move onto PS4/XBO.

Also weren't they working on an open world Day Z type Mulitplayer game (which I am not interested in).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I always thought Dying Light was the proper sequel to Dead Island, where as Dead Island Riptide was more of an expansion or a 1.5 version...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Madword said:
I loved Dead Island, even though it was buggy and the dialogue was very cheesy, it hit the mark on most points on what a Zombie game was meant to be. (the locations were great).

Also weren't they working on an open world Day Z type Mulitplayer game (which I am not interested in).

I don't think they were working on a open world type game like Day Z, but i heard thats were influenced by the ideas around Day Z for their next sequal. I thought Riptide had less bugs then the orginal anywho i love the series! can't wait for more cheesiness!

busbfran said:
Madword said:

I don't think they were working on a open world type game like Day Z, but i heard thats were influenced by the ideas around Day Z for their next sequal. I thought Riptide had less bugs then the orginal anywho i love the series! can't wait for more cheesiness!

No definately read they were making some online battle arena type game from the Dead Island ip.... or something :)

Riptide was very clunky on PS3... really quite bad... every 30 seconds it would clunk... not very good. I didnt particularly enjoy the setting as much. But still enjoyed the games, and would definately be in on the next one, but yeah Dying light will probably come out first and will get that to start with.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!