By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What will it mean if TF 360 gets a better Metascore than TF Xb one / PC?

I'm sure commercial reviews factor in the hardware performance level and how it compares to other games on the same platform. User reviews are just their satisfaction with the game. I've seen PC versions of games get lower scores despite owning the PC version and comparing a console version to it and seeing its massively superior.

Also I've seen ps3 versions of games get slightly higher ratings despite the 360 version being reviewed as slightly superior.

Around the Network

Nothing really, since the standards for quality for games on the Xbox 360 is obviously lower than on the PC and Xbox One.

Different reviewers, different standards, different perspectives. People always want to compare meta scores but unless John Smith reviews both games at the same time and compares them head to head, just take the reviews for what they are.

Mr Puggsly said:
Nothing.

AC4 scored better on 7th gen then 8th gen. Metacritic isn't a perfect system.

I do find that comment slightly ironic considering your signature.... lol.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

It means that the 5 people that care will not buy an x1

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

It wouldn't mean nothing. The 360 being a last-gen console means various reviewers aren't going to bother reviewing it, thus failing to make a considerable Metascore. Of course 88 is higher than 86, but the 360 version has 8 reviews and the XO has 66.

What's important here is comparing the last-gen score vs the current-gen score made by the same reviewer.

Game Informer
Xbox One - 93
Xbox 360 - 90

Vandal Online
Xbox One - 92
Xbox 360 - 88

3DJuegos
Xbox One - 90
Xbox 360 - 85

MS will obviously ditch the Xbox One if that happens !

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

it will mean that reviewers are xbox biased and clearly hate the xbox as well. 

Madword said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Nothing.

AC4 scored better on 7th gen then 8th gen. Metacritic isn't a perfect system.

I do find that comment slightly ironic considering your signature.... lol.

No irony, 360 has better games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)