By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: The Evil Within 'fails at horror'

Wants horror games like old school resident evil games.

Disappointed that it plays like old school resident evil games.

"WHAT"

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

the problem with today's horror games they focus too much on blood, guts and overall gore. I remember Silent Hill 2 most of the I was scare the hell out cause of the atmosphere and not because of buckets of blood. also remember Resident Evil 2 spooky corridors, lonely mansion, dark alleys I was always tense cause of that atmosphere, hell even that loading screen when entering some stairs were damn spooky.

KylieDog said:
SnakeDrake said:

"WHAT"

Except it doesn't. 

"He’s able to obliterate oblivious enemies with his sniper rifle, shotgun, revolver, and a crossbow that can instantly freeze or explode targets. Power, like Sebastian’s silence, negates any fear. He expresses himself with his armory."

RE4 part 2.

Isn't that what most fans wanted. I mean even in its initial reveal there was a lot of people calling it similar to RE4.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I always had a not good feeling about this game and it seems I was right. I don't feel the horror sense with this when I watch a trailer... it has to improve a lot to convice me

KylieDog said:
SnakeDrake said:

"WHAT"

Except it doesn't. 

"He’s able to obliterate oblivious enemies with his sniper rifle, shotgun, revolver, and a crossbow that can instantly freeze or explode targets. Power, like Sebastian’s silence, negates any fear. He expresses himself with his armory."

RE4 part 2.

RE 1-3 was based on having very few ammon and resources, avoiding unnecessary combat when needed and focusing only in surviving each area. Problem was that the controls were too stiff. When they added more fluent controls, they should have keep the low resources and add speed to enemies (they did this, but not the former). Honestly, The Last Of Us plays more like old REs with modern controls. RE4 is more action oriented while RE6 is basically a TPS (it's a good game, just not that much a survival horror).

Around the Network

I hope you don´t have to babysit some little bitch like Ashley in RE4.

RE4 part 2?! I don't see how in the hell  could that possibly be a bad thing!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

This is already old but... I don't know, I like what I see here. The way those explosions kill the zombies or whatever they are are kinda bad though, It's like nothing exploded next to them.

Here's another short vid:

http://a.pomf.se/khrqsv.webm

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

This game looks like somebody took a plenty of horror pop culture, stuffed it in there and wrapped it with a lot of barbwire. A very lot of barbwire. It doesn't look horror, it looks ridiculous.

Hunting Season is done...

KylieDog said:
torok said:

RE 1-3 was based on having very few ammon and resources, avoiding unnecessary combat when needed and focusing only in surviving each area. Problem was that the controls were too stiff. When they added more fluent controls, they should have keep the low resources and add speed to enemies (they did this, but not the former). Honestly, The Last Of Us plays more like old REs with modern controls. RE4 is more action oriented while RE6 is basically a TPS (it's a good game, just not that much a survival horror).

Good god no.

Survival Horror main focus is exploration and puzzle solving, that is what progresses the game, not combat, the limited health and ammo resources were to deal with the limited combat espects which were created to make exploration and puzzle solving (since limited inventory for puzzle stuff) more challenging, combat is secondary to the aforementioned two.

Last of US has no exploration and no puzzle solving, is another action game through and through, just better balanced than games like RE4.  Just because not a walking arsenal like RE4 doesn't make it not action.  Last of Us survival aspects are more in the story than actual gameplay.

Of course it has. You should play a game before talking about it.

Hunting Season is done...