By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: The Evil Within 'fails at horror'

If you watch the video, they say the demo was very random, so it was difficult to judge.

Surival horror is not something you can judge in a demo where you are dropped in a random place with no context.

We are gonna have to wait and see. This doesnt sound like its enough to make a proper impression.

Around the Network

I'm just hoping people don't overrate the hell out of it simply because it's a Shinji Mikami game. So far it doesn't look good imo, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt when I can watch a full segment of gameplay rather than bits and pieces.

Well none of the games trailers have impressed me a lot so far.

Maybe he can get patched out and replaced with a floating ball of emotions.

To the Cage Mobile!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Fucking Zenimax.

Let my people go!

Around the Network

Sounds like Tomb Raider reboot DID 'change the game'. Interesting.

Gonna wait for more reviews than just IGN. IGN and I have had our disagreements.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

So, it is another Devil May Cry in some ways, or even Resident Evil 6.

So sad, OUTLAST seduced me with the fear of not being able to fight back, just like the first Silent Hill, where we could not even aim to shoot, just like it would be in real life.

I am a nerd, I could never fight like a navy seal or ninja, I love games where my real life limitations are on the screen, it makes it so much scarier.

so, no EVIL WITHING for me. I am no army man and these kind of egotrips bore the hell outta me, horror should be about feeling fear, despair, not being a immortal playboy slaying ugly creatures.

I will wait for more reviews...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

VanceIX said:
Gonna wait for more reviews than just IGN. IGN and I have had our disagreements.

Majority of the previews are saying the same thing as IGN.

EB1994 said:
VanceIX said:

Majority of the previews are saying the same thing as IGN.

That sucks =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.