By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Indie Games are not important ot "Consoles Wars" any more??

The average person purchases a console for their AAA games, not indies. Indie games are more towards gamers that do further research on games than the average consumer.

Around the Network
Areal-Llort said:
The average person purchases a console for their AAA games, not indies. Indie games are more towards gamers that do further research on games than the average consumer.

Minecraft disagrees with you, though.

sales win the "console wars" always have

amazing the PS4 is leading the way with all the points you make about "teh warz"

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Other way around. Console Wars were never important!

Ohh, they are very much important! Raging Xbox fanboys are saying that's all that there is to play on the PS4.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Phil Harrison just gave an interview saying how important indie titles are to them and that MS belives that they sell systems.

Dark_Feanor said:
I think some people here didn´t understand the main point on my argument.

Back in september/october last year the console war was raging on 4 topics.

1- Price

2- Mulplat performance

3- Exclusives

4- And Indies.

The PS4 was supose to be winning all four topics. Indie games were still a thing that Sony fans to brag about.

And lets be honest, with the TF bundle, other temporary price cuts, and after the launch window games the only point that PS4 is still fairly ahead is with Indie Games.

Indie games dominate the console wars discusion for many months last year. But now, I would say that 90% of the discusion is about "native" resolution on multiplat games.

Price is another interesting situation, but it desevers another thread: (AKA this kind of dicotomy: Microsoft is despearated princing at 450... Sony was smart princing at 400.)

Umm....it is winning. I don't care about the "value" the TF bundle and price cuts have. Last gen, "value" didn't matter to Xbox fans, when to get everything the PS3 had, the 360 would cost $700, so don't use "value" as your argument now to make the cheaper retail item look more expensive. Right now, PS4 is $399. Can you go to Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, etc. and get a new XBone for $399 or less? No? But, I thought all those things "effectively made the XBone $390 ($330 with the 1 year XBL bundle)"? Go take $330 or $390 to a store and see how far that gets you in your pursuit of an XBone. The PS4 is winning in terms of price.

PS4 is still getting better performing multiplats than XBone. PS4 is winning in terms of multiplat performance.

Exclusives can be subjective. The situation is pretty much the same as launch, just with the addition of Infamous and Titanfall. Unless you count games like DCOU, Warframe, and Blacklight. But you can play those on PC, so I won't count that. So it's a wash.

Indies aren't even worth comparing because PS4 is way ahead in that department. PS4 is winning in terms of indies.

So, how is it that indies are the only things PS4 fans are talking about? 

Games are games.

Who cares?

Important to the "console war"? I don't give a cat's plush hind-quarters. Important to me? Yes.

If you really want to go down this path, then yes, they can be important to these wars you're interested in. Xbox gamers used to tout Castle Crashers and Trials quite successfully. When Playstation got Journey, it was a pretty big deal.

With the PS4, I'm very much looking forward to Transistor, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Helldivers, Road Not Taken, and Rime. Hopefully at least a few of these games will be good, maybe even very good. If they are, then they'll almost certainly be used as console war ammunition--just as will any quality exclusive games that the XO gets.

Hyperlight Drifter, transistor, and Rime! are games I'm looking forward to.

So, yeah they're relevant.