By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Indie Games are not important ot "Consoles Wars" any more??

Just reached level 50 on Titanfall and now I have some time again to check the Neogaf and its "satelities", looking to how is the state of the "War" on their particular world.

Well, what I have noticed is that the console war has pratically forsaken the Indie games as bragg rights to their undisputable champion, the PS4.

They are still talking about resolution for every single multiplat, whethe is 1080p/900p or the each day rarer 1080p/720p... And of course the Last of Us doble dip.

There are bearly any discusion for the possible PS4 exclusives and even less buzz for the many Indie game PS4 is geting along this year.

Unfortunally it seems 2014 is bound to be about pixel counting more than great new game experiences.

What do you guys think?

Do you think Indie Games are still relevante to the console war?

Around the Network

They are important. But they wont get the limelight. AAA will take that place because there were AAA void in both consoles.

Most digital games, indie or otherwise aren't even close to the quality of titles found at retail. They were rarely relevant in my opinion.

I think the point of indie games is that they act like a buffering zone between AAA releases so I think they are still relevant, some are even better than AAA releases imo

Not everyone can/want play TitanFall/Cod/BF/etc for hours and hours, some of us just love single player and for those kinds of people specially, indie games are very important

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

All things considered, I prefer my indie games on PC. If nothing else, it's orders of magnitude cheaper.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

Do you think Indie Games are still relevante to the console war?

Indies are more than relevant. Not for console wars, but for the sake of playing games   ._.

kupomogli said:
Most digital games, indie or otherwise aren't even close to the quality of titles found at retail. They were rarely relevant in my opinion.

I laughed so hard with your sig although is not completely true!

On topic: They never were. If you want to play indies pc is the easiest choice, so they never had a high relevance.

I say indies are important. They help pass time when waiting for the next AAA game. Every once in a while, there will be that gem indie (e.g. Outlast, Journey) that comes up and is worth as much playing time as a AAA game. I personally do not care much about multiplayer, so indies are much more relevant to me.

It's because the other guys don't accept indies as an argument so we gave up and got back to what really riles them up. Performance! Because it's easier to compare things that both have and not just one of them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Indie games were never relevant to the console wars because nobody is dropping 400/500 to play indies. It doesn't hurt to have them but at the end of the day AAA games sell consoles.