By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why isn't the WiiU part of the next-gen console wars?

And nintendo's home consoles will always be part of the console war.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

because sony and ms paid for advertising in those shows, duh.

And you know this how?

people don't make free advertising, especially on something as big as tbbt.

Fusioncode said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I guess you've ignored the statements by EA and other people. Not only is Wii U not up to snuff in power, the fanbase is weak for third party. Makes no sense to support the Wii U for them.

I'm not talking about 3rd parties. I'm talking about public perception. 

The general public respond to third parties, I don't understand how most people don't understand this. Look at the numbers. The most successful natural runs of Nintendo were when they had dominant third party support. The Wii is not to be expected because its not the norm. As the Wii U proved using a new gimmick doesn't always work (for non-gamers that is). If you want proper streamline dominance you need to hafve third parties at the ready when going to war. Nintendo did not car and was not ready to have them on their side, so the results went as such.

Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

because sony and ms paid for advertising in those shows, duh.

And you know this how?

The Big Bang Theory has always been a show that has done geek-related episodes. What's geekier than doing one about the console wars? I don't think Sony and MS paid to be put in the episode but this isn't the point of the thread anyways. I'm done arguing this. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

First, when people like us talk about console generations, average people say stuff like, "what the fuck are you talking about."

We're trying to scrunch all the consoles together while they see the Wii U as something a bit different. It's like the PS4 is the San Antonio Spurs, the Xbox One is the LA Lakers, and the Wii U is the Pittsburgh Xplosion from the CBA. While normal humans might talk about the Spurs vs. the Lakers, NO ONE is talking about the Spurs vs. the Pittsburgh Xplosion.

The Wii U has a mostly different assortment of games, it launched a year earlier, and it's named "Wii U". A console war with Nintendo? At the very most, the general public might see a "conflict". They don't know what goes on in the trenches, where console warriors like us go at it tooth and controller.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

The Big Bang Theory has always been a show that has done geek-related episodes. What's geekier than doing one about the console wars? I don't think Sony and MS paid to be put in the episode but this isn't the point of the thread anyways. I'm done arguing this. 

since you mentioned tbbt in the OP, it's EXACTLY the point of the thread. also, the episode also made negative advertising of the original wii, wich surprise surprise, was always portayed positively on other seasons. it's just easy to notice when something was paid to appear on a show.

Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

since you mentioned tbbt in the OP, it's EXACTLY the point of the thread. also, the episode also made negative advertising of the original wii, wich surprise surprise, was always portayed positively on other seasons. it's just easy to notice when something was paid to appear on a show.

The point was public perception, I used TBBT as an example. If you think Sony and MS paid for it then fine, I'm not argue this with you anymore. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Because it's a Nintendo console.....duh!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

poklane said:
Lack of 3rd party and 'hardcore' 1st party. And with hardcore, I mean games like Halo, Gears of War, Uncharted, inFAMOUS etc.

It's weird how narrow and same-y the hardcore qualifier has become.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

All I can say is that this was the worst season of south park.
all the episodes were just pop culture garbage not a single one that actually had its own unique thing.

oh yea Wii U is not trying to compete.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~