By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is remastering a 1 year old overkill??

DirtyP2002 said:
Raven722 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Imagine if Nintendo of MS did this and you get the idea.
It is just a quick cash in for Sony nothing more, nothing less.

It would be praise-worthy for fans of that company and spoken of negatively in some way by opposing fans? Kind of like your post then, right?

feel free to point out where I spoke negatively about it.

Thank you.

Hmmm. A known Xbox fan talking about what the reactions would be if this were anyone other than Sony. A tactic used by salty fans of another platform to demonize the other fans as hypocrites for being excited about good news for their platform thus bringing negativity to the thread.

You're welcome

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Poor poor MS and Nintendo :(

OT: It's pretty much a port, but with a bit of extra goodies. The main audience will be new users except for die hard fans. I don't see an issue. I really wished that Sony would release God of War 2 on PS3 shortly after the PS2 because I didn't have a PS2 at that point. Same thing is happening here it came out so late on PS3 that putting it on the PS4 is a good idea. Although I do think 60$ is a bit too much. 40$ would have been a lot better.

No it is probably a good move. It will make them some money and it might even sell some extra systems.

I'm excited for this game. I'd gone back to playing the MP about a week before I bought a PS4. I actually haven't sold my PS3 yet because I'm still playing TLOU MP. Now I can let it go because I know a revamped MP is on its way. Glorious!

It will sell pretty good, just look at Tomb Raider. i don't find it necessary and would also never buy Tomb Raider on the new gen but if enough people buy it, it shows that enough people want it and I'm sure this game will easily sell enough. Right now it is maybe even the best time to release it since graphics are so unbelievable important for some people so that many will buy it twice just because of that. I think in some years much less people would care about it.

Around the Network

A new IP that released late in the gen. Yes, it is very much needed on PS4. Some might argue that it was even suppose to launch as a ps4 launch tittle. But fortunately, the ps4 sold well regardless. So win win for everyone. This would have been one of the best launch titles ever though :P

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Well, considering the lack of backwards compatibility on the PS4, this is the only way for a lot of PS4 owners to play this one year old game.

Love and tolerate.

Raven722 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Raven722 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

It would be praise-worthy for fans of that company and spoken of negatively in some way by opposing fans? Kind of like your post then, right?

feel free to point out where I spoke negatively about it.

Thank you.

Hmmm. A known Xbox fan talking about what the reactions would be if this were anyone other than Sony. A tactic used by salty fans of another platform to demonize the other fans as hypocrites for being excited about good news for their platform thus bringing negativity to the thread.

You're welcome

so you failed to point it out. Got it!
I said before that I liked TLoU on PS3 btw.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Why are they remastering it at this point? I understand FFX. But this?

I don't know why they would do this...  

Claiming that if you like single player games you should rent them is one of the most idiotic arguments I have heard this week. If everyone rents them where are the sales going to come from? If there is no sales then why keep making single player games.

I will buy this and the GTA port if I get to keep my online stats for PS4 even though I have them for PS3. Both games just struggled a bit on the PS3 and I'd have preferred both waited for the PS4 release but I wasn't going to wait at the time. If GTA doesn't carry the save then I will just get it on PC and mod it.