By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is remastering a 1 year old overkill??

DirtyP2002 said:
Raven722 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Raven722 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Raven722 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Imagine if Nintendo of MS did this and you get the idea.
It is just a quick cash in for Sony nothing more, nothing less.

It would be praise-worthy for fans of that company and spoken of negatively in some way by opposing fans? Kind of like your post then, right?

feel free to point out where I spoke negatively about it.

Thank you.

Hmmm. A known Xbox fan talking about what the reactions would be if this were anyone other than Sony. A tactic used by salty fans of another platform to demonize the other fans as hypocrites for being excited about good news for their platform thus bringing negativity to the thread.

You're welcome

so you failed to point it out. Got it!
I said before that I liked TLoU on PS3 btw.

Saying you liked a game does not mean you're not trying to bring negativity into a thread about it. I loved Halo 2 but if a thread popped up about Microsoft going too far by bringing back Halo 2 as an HD remake and I jumped in to say "but but but if Sony did it then you guys would..." then it doesn't matter how much I like the game. I'm still acting salty and bringing negativity to the thread by basically calling Microsoft fans hypocrites just because I'm being immature.

I pointed out where you were bringing negativity into the thread for no good reason. Unless you can come up with a good explanation for what Nintendo and Microsoft have to do with Sony potentially overdoing it with bringing The Last of Us to PS4 then you're pretty much doing exactly what I pointed out. You're really not fooling anyone. Your mentality on this forum is very well known and you have been banned a number of times for it.

So if someone says that this is a business move for a quick cash in, eventhough he likes the game, he is a troll / hater / fanboy?!
You are really sensitive about this, aren't you?

Lol completely dodging what I said or just completely failing to grasp it. I never even mentioned that part of your post about a quick cash-in. Mostly because I agree with your conclusion with what it is though I don't find anything wrong with it. Just like I didn't find anything wrong with a Wind Waker remake or the Halo remake. It's okay though. I wasn't spending any of my time trying to convince you of anything. Just pointing out your hypocritical reasoning to everyone else. They've already seen this conversation and made up their minds. So I've done what I came in this thread to do and I'm done with the conversation. Have a good day. :]

Around the Network

Sales will decide whether this is overkill or not.

God of War Collection released ~ 2-and-a-half years after God of War 2, but people didn't seem to mind then.  In fact, 2.5m people didn't mind very much at all.

Given how many supposed "conversion" stories I read on various places around the internet, too, I don't think this is a particularly bad idea at all.  Will sell to people who traded in their PS3's but would like to keep the game (or want to play online).  Will sell to ex-360/Wii owners or any PC-only gamers who decided they wanted a PS4.  Will sell to anyone who was interested but held off in case of a definitive version (i.e. me.)

Looks fine to me.

BHR-3 said:
absolutely overkill for a game like tlou and tr those are one and done games very little replay value with story driven games like that now if gta5 was announced id have a different opinion

i think you should have a minimum 5yr gap between remasters for SP linear games like that and it should be a real remaster like RE1 on the GC this stuff we've seen with tlous tr mgs gow ect is a cash in and a waste of time for gamers who already played the game prior

but Tlou has an acclaimed multiplayer. So it has 100s of hours of replay value. TR also has fine multiplayer, but has 100s of collectibles so I disagree that linear story lines make the game have little replay value.

The "Remastered Argument" is bogus because it would if it was a simple discounted port of the same game on PS3, their would be a huge fiasco about how the PS4 is barely powerful then the PS3. Every single game of TLOUs caliber has a GOTY edition. This is just that GOTY ported to PS4.

Furthermore, their is no way in hell TLOU remastered would work in 5 years, because the multiplayer would be dead, and the game has already been played. Other Remasters, either have multiple games on disc as a collection, or cross multiple generations and are upscalled.

In other words, its a port not a remaster.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I say yes, especially when it is full priced.

Why does anyone care? If you don't want to buy it again, then don't buy it.

This is a game that has never been on Playstation 4, and I'm glad it's going to be on PS4.

Around the Network

Like Tomb Raider, it is a smoke and mirrors tactic to pay the bills for what is otherwise a summer of lacking content.

Square Enix is one thing, but I am surprised Sony is resorting to price gouging so early in their win.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Not when millions of people won't stop begging for it, lol

It is a strategy for selling PS4 to xbox360 owners, and a good one.

I won't buy it again though.

Only if nobody buys it.

People are going to buy this game. So in this case specifically, no.

Absolutely is overkill lol. Like TR I bought beat and would never rebuy the game when it didn't even have a chance to become a classic. I don't/didnt care about the graphics because they were fine beforehand.