By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is remastering a 1 year old overkill??

You know that we're pretty much a month away from the reveal of the Next gen versions of GTA5 as well right? I really don't think anyone is going to be upset these exist, just happy if they've upgraded to the next gen systems to be able to use more of that power for some of the best games of last gen.

Why would this upset anyone? the mind boggles.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Imagine if Nintendo of MS did this and you get the idea.
It is just a quick cash in for Sony nothing more, nothing less.

It would be praise-worthy for fans of that company and spoken of negatively in some way by opposing fans? Kind of like your post then, right?

Is it worth spending another $60 on the game if you're already played it a year ago? Probably not. However, the game sold 6 million copies and there are 80+ million PS3 owners out there. Not to mention those who jumped ship from the 360 to the PS4. That's the target audience for this game.

Raven722 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

It would be praise-worthy for fans of that company and spoken of negatively in some way by opposing fans? Kind of like your post then, right?

feel free to point out where I spoke negatively about it.

Thank you.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Viltgance said:

I know apparently Last of Us was a great game, but it just came out less than a year ago and it's already getting a remaster.   Is it really that important to play a game again and spend another $65+ dollars already just for enhanced graphics?

Its not only just Standalone PS3 game with was 60$, because PS4 version has All the DLC released which costed 15$ and with visual upgrade. You can get same game with all the DLC now at approx 60$ for PS3 too but its graphics are not better compared to PS4. PS4 version is only for those who want to play the game in Full HD and for those who did not buy for PS3. So, why you are worried abotu this? If you dont want then just ignore. 

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
EB1994 said:
jlmurph2 said:
EB1994 said:

Hey I was never arguing with you in the first place bud ^^. You're welcome.

If you have played this already and can't afford the 60$ price tag, but still want to experience the game on next gen, then a rent is fine!

But if you haven't played the PS3 version and want the complete version with all DLC as well as improved graphical fidelity, paying for the 60$ version is right for you.

Never understood why people cared so much as to what others do with their own money, but hey, welcome to the internet.

I was answering the OP in my post. He's skeptical about the price tag so therefore he should just rent it.

I think OP is in the mindset of thinking 60$ is too much IF, and only if, you've played the game already. As you can see, he says "play a game again".

So, as I said, if you've already played this game and don't have the money to pay full price, a rent is fine. However if it will be your first experience, then paying the 60$ isn't all that bad because then you'll also have it in your game collection, unlike a rent where you have to send the game back.

Plus did I also mention TLOU has an outstanding multiplayer component? Won't be able to play that for too long with a rent =P

Eh, don't feel like going through the Gamefly discussion. $60 for a year old game just sounds like they're trying to squeeze some more money out. Besides, not everybody on PS4 has PS+ to enjoy the multiplayer.

They have included all the DLC which is worth of 15$ and worked for a year to upgrade visuals from cell architecture. They just did not port the game in 3 months or handed the port to some third party developer asking you to pay 60$. Port also taken care by the same team and started immediately after shipping the game.

EDIT: We can think this game just like GTA 5 for PC which has been delayed for a year. So, do you think asking a year old game GTA 5 to pay similar AAA price for PC game is good?

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Simple issue of supply and demand. While most games are front loaded, Nintendo has games that are selling at launch price years after release (i.e. Mario Kart) because the demand doesn't dwindle. Same with TLOU albeit at a lesser degree.

PS3 TLOU is priced at launch price (barring used copies and sales) so putting out a remastered version (all DLC included) on a nextgen system to expand its audience isn't a cash grab to me. Sony is trying to get the most value out of a quality product like Nintendo has/does, because they can and should.

I don't see anything wrong with a publisher trying to make the most money out of a game they invested in. Their (games) purpose (aside from providing hours of enjoyment to the consumer) is primarily to make the publisher money. It's not as if ND has nickeled and dimed us with microtransactions or game-breaking need for DLC.

OdinHades said:
I really hate where the PS4 is going right now. It's juat ports, ports and more ports. I'm bored as hell and didn't play on my PS4 for weeks. I also don't know why people are excited about this. It's the same game, you can play it on PS3 way cheaper. It won't be more fun or anything, it will only have better grfxxx.

I enjoyed every major console release since the SNES, but this 8th gen has the most boring first year EVER. Even the Vita had more original games at this point.

Its been said a million times already. The target market is not for people who already own a ps3 its for people who were on the fence about getting a ps4 but never got a chance to play it. Sure there will be double dippers like myself (never tried the dlc and don't have my ps3 anymore) but that's not who the target market is. I'm not sure how to explain it any other way and if you don't understand that I don't know what to tell you. 

DirtyP2002 said:

Um that's what every game on every system is... It will be a quick cash in because people WANT it. If not then they wouldn't be doi g it

I was told not to pay high prices for old games