By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is remastering a 1 year old overkill??

Let me put it this way for you... if Microsoft re-released Halo 4 this year for Xbox One in 1080p 60FPS and all dlc included, it would sell millions as Xbox fans await Halo 5. Now, that example CLEARLY gives us all the answers.

Namely, Microsoft would make money. Gamers would want it. Everyone wins.

Ta-dah! The answer to this thread.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Pibituh said:
jlmurph2 said:
Pibituh said:

How does it works for muliplayer part of games? Do you need to buy network pass ? :s

What's a network pass? Like one of those EA online codes?

Yes. 

Not sure how many games actually have that nowadays but I would guess that you'd have to buy the code seperately same as if it were a used game. If PS4 has that then that's pretty shitty

No PS4 have no more online pass, because Sony dropped that policy (since now you pay monthly with ps+ to play) but AC4 got a online pass ! It was not only EA.

TLoU got one in PS3

Pibituh said:
jlmurph2 said:

Not sure how many games actually have that nowadays but I would guess that you'd have to buy the code seperately same as if it were a used game. If PS4 has that then that's pretty shitty

No PS4 have no more online pass, because Sony dropped that policy (since now you pay monthly with ps+ to play) but AC4 got a online pass ! It was not only EA.

TLoU got one in PS3

Oh ok well I believe Ubisoft dropped the Online pass after backlash since EA isn't doing them anymore. But I guess I can see why PS3 would need it

jlmurph2 said:
Pibituh said:

TLoU got one in PS3

Oh ok well I believe Ubisoft dropped the Online pass after backlash since EA isn't doing them anymore. But I guess I can see why PS3 would need it

Good to ear that, thank you. I never understood that, sure they wanted a cut from used games. But online passes for $10?! :s

jlmurph2 said:
Pibituh said:
jlmurph2 said:

Come mister Murph, you know you want to. Come over to the PS4 and play this remake of the gotg  *wink* *wink*

:P

Lol I'll get a PS4 when Uncharted comes out. By then PSNow should be good right? If not then I'll stick with my Gamefly.

Lol I could find a quote where you said the same, but the game mentioned was inFamous Second Son, so yeah.

Ot. No, and especially not during a transition year.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
eFKac said:
jlmurph2 said:

Lol I'll get a PS4 when Uncharted comes out. By then PSNow should be good right? If not then I'll stick with my Gamefly.

Lol I could find a quote where you said the same, but the game mentioned was inFamous Second Son, so yeah.

Ot. No, and especially not during a transition year.

Probably did say that back before I got my income tax money. But lately its been saving for my new apartment and a new car. So I decided I can wait a little longer. Things change in life, no need to get fiesty ;)

jlmurph2 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The game is still $60 here.  You don't have to wait for an official price drop just get it on sale, for ex I got Last of Us on PS3 during holiday period for $35, I expect the PS4 version will also be on sale then too.  You can use this logic for any game, so I'm guessing you don't buy any of your games?   

Only games I buy are digital games or games that will keep me interested for longer than 24 hours. Or a game for a good deal. Anything new that I'm interested in just single player (ex. Ryse, Tomb Raider, DR3) is a rental for me. Saves a ton of money.

Lol, you're exactly the kind of customer MS wanted to keep out with their original X1 model, you must've been happy when they changed the DRM thing. :D

jlmurph2 said:
Pibituh said:
jlmurph2 said:
Pibituh said:

How does it works for muliplayer part of games? Do you need to buy network pass ? :s

What's a network pass? Like one of those EA online codes?

Yes. 

PS4 does not have them, Sony said they would not do it on PS4 as there charging for online to begin with. 

DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The game is still $60 here.  You don't have to wait for an official price drop just get it on sale, for ex I got Last of Us on PS3 during holiday period for $35, I expect the PS4 version will also be on sale then too.  You can use this logic for any game, so I'm guessing you don't buy any of your games?   

Only games I buy are digital games or games that will keep me interested for longer than 24 hours. Or a game for a good deal. Anything new that I'm interested in just single player (ex. Ryse, Tomb Raider, DR3) is a rental for me. Saves a ton of money.

Lol, you're exactly the kind of customer MS wanted to keep out with their original X1 model, you must've been happy when they changed the DRM thing. :D

Well before X1 came out I wasn't much of a renter. I just played every Gears, the Halo games and Mass Effect 3 with the occasional used game until recently when I realized I was missing out on a ton of games. I didn't really care about the DRM policy and since it was changed after like 9 days of being announced I wasn't given a chance to get pissed over it. But I'm sure if they were still here then I'd utilize Family sharing instead of renting. So its a win/win.

It ridiculous to release a game on a single console and then release it on another, just to milk money from a new user base and shove the same game with downgraded graphics.. Looking at u Titanfall