By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Last of Us Remastered a system seller, or just something to fill a gap in the release schedule?

The PS4 has seen a big turnaround from last gen in NA & UK, and is currently leading both markets.  This means a lot of people are yet to play The Last of Us. 

On the other hand, it is an improved version of a game, the original of which can be purchased for cheap and on a less expensive system.

So what do you think?  Can The Last of Us Remastered push units in the dry summer months for PS4?  And if so what kind of boost are you expecting?

Around the Network

IMHO: Both!

There is a lot of xbox/nintendo swingers coming to PS4 and they probably skipped TLOU because of that.Plus, there is a lot of former PS3 gamers that bought a PS4 and skipped the last year's portifolio in order to jump next gen. So it's a system seller(for this people) and something to fill the gap(like wind waker hd for WiiU)

a small system seller, and something to help gamers wait for Destiny!! it will also sell some software, which will bring sony some more money and help grow the franchise.

Both
But more to fill the gap ^^

itll fill gaps, sell systems, and sell lots of software. its really a win all around for them

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
celador said:

The PS4 has seen a big turnaround from last gen in NA & UK, and is currently leading both markets.  This means a lot of people are yet to play The Last of Us. 

On the other hand, it is an improved version of a game, the original of which can be purchased for cheap and on a less expensive system.

So what do you think?  Can The Last of Us Remastered push units in the dry summer months for PS4?  And if so what kind of boost are you expecting?

I wouldn't go that far. It's still $60 new, and sells for $35-40 on eBay. That's still above "Greatest Hits" price. This game is gonna hit home with PS4 owners who either didn't play it on PS3 or are 360 converts. I don't, however, see it pushing sales of the PS4 because this isn't a game people are anticipating now. It was just announced and will be out in like 3 months. Only the most hardcore enthusiasts would consider a year old game to be a "system seller" to them. I don't see anyone actually picking up a PS4 for this game. It may be something they just so happen to pick up down the line, but an essentially non-PS4 game just isn't gonna push systems.

It is more of a gap filler. People wont buy a new system for a last gen port. But if somebody is buying or has bought a ps4 already it is a good game to get. Im certainly going to double dip.

both.

mostly a great filler game for the slow launch period. but there are an aweful lot of xbox 360 owners that already see the ps4 is more powerful for $100 less and selling really well. to say ps4 has infamous and TLoU when xbox only has titanfall will probably sway some of the swing voters to ps4.

but the launch week ps4 sales will be quite modest if at all. this is more of that "another great title in the library" game that will eventual grab those gamers that need a good 5 or so "games worth playing" before they buy.

Pretty much a gap filler that probably won't sell many copies or move many consoles on it's own.

To remaster the title shouldn't cost the earth so whether it sells enough copies shouldn't be too big an issue.

I don't really see the point of it but I am not the one running these companies.

I expect it to do well and have some nice legs getting to 2-3 million. If the Tomb Raider can do what it did I see no reason for Last of Us to not have strong sales.