By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Last of Us Remastered a system seller, or just something to fill a gap in the release schedule?

PS4 doesnt need this to push out consoles, looks like they are doing fine. They can scoot by with filler for a bit longer.

Around the Network

The game will sell well I think. But to be a system seller will depend a lot on advertisement

anyone who wanted it played it already on the ps3 think its completely unnecessary release gta5 should get the go already

think evil within watchdogs gta5 port and the next COD will move more HW

Play Me

I had it on the PS3 and played it to death, this is still a day one for me :) if that means anything.

You'd think no, as I sure wouldn't buy a system for a game I already have/could get and play on a system I already own, but then you have to look at Call of Duty: Dogs!

Around the Network

Even if it sells good (1M) or great (3M) I don't see it pushing more than an extra 100k HW and even that would be incredible.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Day one for me I never got the ps3 version so its all good...

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

I would say filler that will mostly appeal to 360 converts who never got the chance to play it and double-dippers.

Obviously, both.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I think similar to Tomb Raider, it is simply a game that many people will find worth playing again with some improved technical whizbangs. It also allows Naughty Dog to polish up their PS4 dev skills before they have to get really involved with both new tech and new game design stuff.

Bottom line, I think it will sell even better than Tomb Raider did on PS4, but not it is not a system seller except for those Xbox users that are converting to PS4 over the XBO.