By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 is below 20K in Japan(Famitsu leak)

Ha, just checked the link and it seems as though every system is indeed down around 40%. Wonder whether next week will be similar.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
Does Japan even matter for home consoles? Seems like it doesn't very much for Sony and Xbox doesn't even try anymore.

Still a bigger market than most. Last gen they sold about the same amount of home consoles as the UK.

No worries! Final Fantasy is easily going to save the PS4 in Japan!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

No surprise, I expected it to settle between 15 and 25k, closer to 15 on the bad weeks of course. This is how much the ps3 sold somewhere after it's release if I remember correctly.

AZWification said:

Which one?

Around the Network
weaveworld said:
AZWification said:

Which one?

Final Fantasy XIV/Realm Reborn! Oh man, can't wait for that game.

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

weaveworld said:
AZWification said:

Which one?

Final Fantasy XIV of course! Even the COMG thread says that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

better should have shipped more ps4 to the eu instead of jp ...

well would be still a drop on a hot stone but oh well.
At least the retailer said I only have to wait 2-3 more weeks to get one -_-

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
Dadrik said:
Hey Sony, PS4 isn't selling well in Japan ? Sad isn't it ? Why don't you make a few Japanese games ?

You know that games aren't made in 1 day? Or in 1 month? Damn, you have no clue how much time, the amount of people and cash goes into your games. 

I know how long it takes to make games. But I also know the PS4 hasn't just appeared in Japan in one day. There are games for the PS4, but none of them is really made for a Japanese audience. Killzone, CoD, BF4, FIFA, Tomb Raider, inFAMOUS (even though it hasn't been released in Japan yet), etc... 

So yeah, realeasing a console in a territory without games for its specific audience is stupid.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Natural Doctrine released on April 3rd and it did not chart at Tsutaya Game Ranking chart so I assume it flopped and failed to help sales of PlayStation 4 and its a Japanese tactical strategy turn based role playing gae so WTF Japan... I would at least expect good chunk of PlayStation 4 install base to jump on it since PlayStation 4 lacks games for Japaneseaudience and.this should have eased the dire situation...