By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Kart 8 grafix

dahuman said:

Polygons matter more therefore MK8 sucks donkey nut sack balls. Day 1, I better see you fuckers on my friend list playing or I'll find out where you bitches live.

See you on the rainbow road! Or should I say... See you OFF it! Har Har Har!!! Am I right guys? Anyone?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
ICStats said:
Viper1 said:
ICStats said:
Lovely. This is what Nintendo fans missed out on while they were playing Wii instead a PS3 or 360 class hardware.

So what exactly woudl they have played kart wise that is equal to or greater?

That wasn't the point - the point is had Nintendo been up to date with hardware you would have had this game in 07~08 instead of 14.

Nope, we woulda had a better looking MKWii is all. This game takes a lot of inspiration from MK7 afterall.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
dahuman said:

I still think Rainbow Road looks the best out of all the tracks, Its just... Fappppppppp

In b4 PC people that can't appreciate art direction and say ploygons are better than art therefore MK8 sucks

Polygons matter more therefore MK8 sucks donkey nut sack balls. Day 1, I better see you fuckers on my friend list playing or I'll find out where you bitches live.

See you on the rainbow road! Or should I say... See you OFF it! Har Har Har!!! Am I right guys? Anyone?

I dont know man, kind of hard to see someone whos so far behind =P

I still think Rainbow Road looks the best out of all the tracks, Its just... Fappppppppp

In b4 PC people that can't appreciate art direction and say ploygons are better than art therefore MK8 sucks

Art Style > Graphics.

O_O it looks sooo goood... The Colours <3

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Nope, as that's one of the many problems with N64's Rainbow Road, you can't fall off! Railings line the entire track. It just completely ruins the point of what Rainbow Road is supposed to be. It looks like this is still the case with the Wii U version, but all the other fixes they made should make up for it.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

Nope, as that's one of the many problems with N64's Rainbow Road, you can't fall off! Railings line the entire track. It just completely ruins the point of what Rainbow Road is supposed to be. It looks like this is still the case with the Wii U version, but all the other fixes they made should make up for it.

*Completely ignores Mario Gliding on the last gif*

But seriously, it could still be in there

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ICStats said:
Viper1 said:
ICStats said:
Lovely. This is what Nintendo fans missed out on while they were playing Wii instead a PS3 or 360 class hardware.

So what exactly woudl they have played kart wise that is equal to or greater?

That wasn't the point - the point is had Nintendo been up to date with hardware you would have had this game in 07~08 instead of 14.

Depends, honstly, on what they were willing to spend.

I suspect that if they developed a console capable of HD resolutions they would have reduced their internal software budget.  Meaning reduced texture resolutions, reduced effects, etc....

We might see simil;arities in track design but not in execution and effects.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

AwakeandAlive said:

omg I just watched IGN´s videos on the IGN site 0.o (you know youtube´s quality..) 

54 days guys !!!

Yeah, the videos on IGN's site are night and day compared to their 30fps Youtube counterparts.  Their 60fps montage video is incredible.

selnor1983 said:
Ryudo said:

For anyone who thinks this can run on PS3/360. MK8 to even run on PC would have to be developed with a 64bit OS in mind and PC games a good lot of them still develop under 32 bit.

Oh and guess what Mario kart has had 3 arcade games and the 2013 version is not running on triforce but a baord stronger than PS3/360 and this is the result

So even that 360 and PS3 would need a downgrade.

MK8 is both technically impressive and artistically. The game is the best looking console game to date. period.

Artistically thats possible.

Technically nowhere close.

You're a fucking moron if you believe your words. You're just on the bandwagon fucking Xbot. Proof is in the pudding and a blind man in a room full of ninjas can see that.

User was moderated for this post; also, it's "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" for future reference - Conegamer

Zekkyou said:
Ryudo said:

For anyone who thinks this can run on PS3/360. MK8 to even run on PC would have to be developed with a 64bit OS in mind and PC games a good lot of them still develop under 32 bit.

Oh and guess what Mario kart has had 3 arcade games and the 2013 version is not running on triforce but a baord stronger than PS3/360 and this is the result

So even that 360 and PS3 would need a downgrade.

MK8 is both technically impressive and artistically. The game is the best looking console game to date. period.

You are forgetting how optimized the PS3 and 360 are vs the WiiU. The PS3 and 360 can run games like Halo 4 and TLOU on 500MB of ram, the minimum spec requirement for COD on PC is 6GB :P Comparing the performance of the last gen and next gen consoles is a tad silly right now, since the difference in their optimization makes their power difference a lot smaller. Hence games tend to improve so much during a gen.

If the PS3 can run GT6 at 1440x1080/55-60fps, then it could easily run MK8 at 1280x720/30fps. I agree the PS3 and 360 couldn't achieve the full 60fps the WiiU is pulling off, but the game itself is nothing special.

As i said to someone else, MK8 is essentially a 7th gen game running at 8th gen performance lvels. It's still a beautiful looking game, but that's thanks to Nintendo's artistic skill, not any kind of technical achievement.

The WiiU will have much better demonstrations of it's power in the future, but MK8 is not one of them.

Another retard. Hey PS3 has 256 dumbass

User was moderated for this post as well - Conegamer