By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Kart 8 grafix

Cheebee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I heard they were using real instruments this time, so that must be the explanation! Mario Kart Stadium sounds fan-freakin-tastic aswell! I rewatched the trailer over and over again just to listen to it moar! ^_^

That's awesome. Didn't know that, but it sure sounds like it, yes! Also, the best piece of music was the retro Rainbow Road, easily. :p So much nostalgia. T_T That track looks positively insane, too. I can't even begin to imagine what the new Rainbow Road will be like, especially since they said it's going to be truly special, really something else.

Just 54 more days.

Meh, nostalgia is overrated! MK Stadium for best MK music ever!!!

Also do you live in Japan? If not, I think it should be 55 more days unless I miss counted.

Around the Network

You all are tainting such a great game with your petty arguments.

For shame.

Call me CRAZY, but for me mario kart 8 looks better than watch dogs xD

AwakeandAlive said:

I believe the correct term is Sane.

Viper1 said:
Zekkyou said:

As i said to someone else, MK8 is essentially a 7th gen game running at 8th gen performance lvels.

It's still a beautiful looking game, but that's thanks to Nintendo's artistic skill, not any kind of technical achievement.

Artistic skill is still limited by technical capabilities.

Simply stated, you cannot get the artistic skill you see unless and underlying technical is there to allow it.

True, but that's not an issue with MK8. It isn't using anything to aid it's art style that the PS3 and 360 couldn't also achieve should they wish. I say that of course based only on videos, there may well be some visual techniques not compatible with the HD twins, but nothing for which there isn't an identical solution for.

I say all of this purely about MK8 of course, not the WiiU itself. The WiiU is capable of plenty of things neither the PS3 or 360 can do, MK8 just isn't a good representation of that.

Around the Network

A beautiful game by every subjective standard I have.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

ktay95 said:
AwakeandAlive said:

I believe the correct term is Sane.

omg I just watched IGN´s videos on the IGN site 0.o (you know youtube´s quality..) 

54 days guys !!!

NintendoPie said:
You all are tainting such a great game with your petty arguments.

For shame.

No amount of pointless bickering would even put a tiny smudge on the amazingness of Mario Kart 8!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I still think Rainbow Road looks the best out of all the tracks, Its just... Fappppppppp

In b4 PC people that can't appreciate art direction and say ploygons are better than art therefore MK8 sucks

Polygons matter more therefore MK8 sucks donkey nut sack balls. Day 1, I better see you fuckers on my friend list playing or I'll find out where you bitches live.

Viper1 said:
ICStats said:
Lovely. This is what Nintendo fans missed out on while they were playing Wii instead a PS3 or 360 class hardware.

So what exactly woudl they have played kart wise that is equal to or greater?

That wasn't the point - the point is had Nintendo been up to date with hardware you would have had this game in 07~08 instead of 14.

My 8th gen collection