By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
mikeslemonadeFromN4G said:

It can be done on a PS3. 

Where's PS3 going to get an extra 500MB of RAM? Do they sell an expansion pack now, like with the N64? :p

It doesnt need extra RAM. PS3 already has games that blow MK 8 out of the water, both exclusives and multiplatforms. MK8 is a cartooney linear racer after all. There are PS3 games from 2007 that even look comparable like this (GT5P and Ratchet and Clank TOD)

So you think Mario Kart 8 never uses more than 50% of Wii U's RAM? LOL.

Around the Network

Looks decent for a wii u game. But from a general standpoint it looks average. Nothing special.

Finally a game that has good graphics and isn't dark and grim

curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:

It can be done on a PS3. 

Where's PS3 going to get an extra 500MB of RAM? Do they sell an expansion pack now, like with the N64? :p

It doesnt need extra RAM. PS3 alris ady has games that blow MK 8 out of the water, both exclusives and multiplatforms. MK8 is a cartooney linear racer after all. There are PS3 games from 2007 that even look comparable like this (GT5P and Ratchet and Clank TOD)

I own both a ps3 and a wii u. My kid has all the ratchet and clanks and also mario 3d world. Sm3dw blows ps3 games out of the water sorry guys but there it is. I havent played a better looking game on my ps3 or 360 then 3d world and mk8 is even better looking.

curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:

It can be done on a PS3. 

It doesnt need extra RAM. PS3 already has games that blow MK 8 out of the water, both exclusives and multiplatforms. MK8 is a cartooney linear racer after all. There are PS3 games from 2007 that even look comparable like this (GT5P and Ratchet and Clank TOD)

Didnt say that. I said PS3 produces waaay more graphically impressive games with half as much RAM, and it did so years ago. 

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:

It can be done on a PS3. 

Didnt say that. I said PS3 produces waaay more graphically impressive games with half as much RAM, and it did so years ago. 

To be fair, several years ago the PS3 was still on the market for half a decade, that's allot of time for developers to come to grips with the hardware, the WiiU hasn't had that luxury just yet.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:

It can be done on a PS3. 

Ps3 can not match sm3dw at all. I own ps3 360 and wii u. Wii u has the better graphics on 1st party end of.

This game will finally justify my launch Wii U purchase.

sethnintendo said:

Same here. This + Smash + Bayo2 + X is all I need (of course I need moar but these games have 2014 covered on the U, PC for the rest). I consider the Wii U to be like a DreamCast and GameCube as far as exclusives game go, fairly niche but totally awesome. 10 years from now after all the dust has settled it will be remberred for that and being brave enought to try out asymetric + motion gaming, even if it wasnt a Wii like success.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
sethnintendo said:

Same here. This + Smash + Bayo2 + X is all I need (of course I need moar but these games have 2014 covered on the U, PC for the rest). I consider the Wii U to be like a DreamCast and GameCube as far as exclusives game go, fairly niche but totally awesome. 10 years from now after all the dust has settled it will be remberred for that and being brave enought to try out asymetric + motion gaming, even if it wasnt a Wii like success.

I've been doing the Nintendo + PC combo for over a decade now.  I finally got a semi decent graphics card in my computer so I should be good on being able to play most PC games for the next few years. 

Main lesson Nintendo needs to learn from 3DS and Wii U would be the game droughts.  Supposedly they learned their lesson from the 3DS but obviously not.  They should of had MK8 ready for release last holiday season when the other consoles launched.  SM3DW and MK8 would have been a perfect combo just like it was for the 3DS.  It appears they are partnering with more 3rd party companies for some of their IPs but they should probably look into acquiring small but really good studios such as Shin'en Multimedia.  However, Shin'en seems to only support Nintendo systems so it wouldn't be a huge game changer (perhaps just letting them work on F-Zero or another Nintendo IP would be enough).  Game changer would be if they bought Capcom or another big studio. 

Hard to sell hardware without compelling software.