By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nem said:
ICStats said:
Zekkyou said:

, so it has even less than i thought? Thanks for proving my point even more :) TLOU on only 256MB of ram. The power of optimization.

It's incorrect, PS3 has 256MB main RAM + 256MB dedicated GPU RAM for a total of 512.

Just to correct here, the ps3 has 256mb for video and 256mb for the system. Wich is the same as saying 256mb for games and 256mb for the operative system. 

Don't confuse system RAM with operating system.  The PS3 OS and games both share system RAM and GPU RAM.

For example this says PS3 OS uses 50MB of RAM (which would leave 462MB for games)

http://www.dailytech.com/Sony+Shrinks+PS3+OS+Gives+Devs+70MB+of+Extra+Memory/article17775.htm

PS3 just has these two physical RAMs, like a typical PC has main RAM + dedicated GPU RAM, while XB360/PS4/X1 have unified memory.  And I guess Wii U is also unified?

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Anyhow, I think plenty of last gen games look technically better than MK8.

What do people see there which looks technically advanced? Sky reflective puddles? That's not technically advanced.

This is IMO very basic technically, with simple shadowing and old school effects, with nice art production that suits the style very well.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Anyhow, I think plenty of last gen games look technically better than MK8.

For an apples to apples comparison, you'd have to compare to last gen Kart Racers, and MK8 blows them out of the water.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

*Completely ignores Mario Gliding on the last gif*

But seriously, it could still be in there

I was exaggerating of course, as the railings don't cover the entire track, so it is possible to fall off, but it's uber extremely unlikely without being intentional. You'll probably fall off of it at about the same number of times you fall off Coconut Mall, which for me is once out of 400 hours of playtime. Yes, Coconut Mall, it actually happened! xD

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

See you on the rainbow road! Or should I say... See you OFF it! Har Har Har!!! Am I right guys? Anyone?

Classic.

stay classy. my friend.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
Cheebee said:

No, I live in Europe. Well it was about 54 days and 1 hour when I posted that, it's exactly 54 days now. Until midnight of may 30th over here, that is. According to my computer's MK8 countdown, anyway!

Ah, that explains it! You're atleast 5 hours ahead of me, and I only decrease the day count once it's past 12am.

the_dengle said:
The road textures make me laugh. They could have gone with flat colors and no one would have even noticed the difference. Instead, in the high-res screen grabs you can see the asphalt has this super-detailed gravelly texture. Nintendo, you so silly.

That was actually the very first thing I noticed when I played the game first hand!

Einsam_Delphin said:
the_dengle said:
The road textures make me laugh. They could have gone with flat colors and no one would have even noticed the difference. Instead, in the high-res screen grabs you can see the asphalt has this super-detailed gravelly texture. Nintendo, you so silly.

That was actually the very first thing I noticed when I played the game first hand!

Then I stand corrected! People will notice the difference.

But I still find it funny. :P

No, this is the best MK looking game:

-

Jokes aside. MK8 looks very good ~

Pibituh said:

No, this is the best MK looking game:

Jokes aside. MK8 looks very good ~

the graphics are soo realisitc :P

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_;