By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One is fighting back

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
selnor1983 said:
Groundking said:
Meh, Xbone is done as soon as all 4 of Uncharted, GT7, FFXV and MGS5 are out. GT7 FFXV and MGS5 ensures at least 10m+ advantage in Japan, whilst the combination help secure America, and GT7 puts the nail in the coffin in regards to Xbone and Europe.

FF15 and MGS 5 are both onn XB1 in EU and US. And in US Halo will be a bigger factor along with Gears Of War. I think after E3 people will take MS seriously n new ips and exclusives.

@bolded

*posts MGS:PP (X360 & X1) and Final Fantasy XIII LTD sales (X360)
nah...

@italics

possibly

@underline

nah...

@boldeditalicsunderline

nah...

remember what happened last gen?

Yeah last gen there were tons of games  couldnt play on ps3 that were on 360. I dont pc game either, so my list is huge. Its more my style of games.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

Yeah last gen there were tons of games  couldnt play on ps3 that were on 360. I dont pc game either, so my list is huge. Its more my style of games.

exactly...if the pattern holds then the roles will continue to be reversed.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Groundking said:
Meh, Xbone is done as soon as all 4 of Uncharted, GT7, FFXV and MGS5 are out. GT7 FFXV and MGS5 ensures at least 10m+ advantage in Japan, whilst the combination help secure America, and GT7 puts the nail in the coffin in regards to Xbone and Europe.

Honestly, Halo alone could probably secure the US for Microsoft... 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
selnor1983 said:

How?

MS seems to have more first party studios. More than ever in development and secured 3rd party exclusives like Titanfall

selnor1983 said:

How?

MS seems to have more first party studios. More than ever in development and secured 3rd party exclusives like Titanfall

So has Sony...

Around the Network
PenguinZ said:
Groundking said:

At this point doubtful, Halo's fanbase dwindled a bit after Halo 3, it alone won't keep the X1 afloat. Microsoft needs new IPs to get (and stay) ahead in the US, and they need to actually support those IPs, not make them one hit wonders.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

selnor1983 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
selnor1983 said:

How?

More than ever for Microsoft, but considering 360 had the multiplat advantage last gen, the only way for sony to fight back in games was with exclusives. MS is only catching up because they need to, they don't have the multiplats anymore, and Sony still has more studios.

Thus, XB1 is in a much worse scenario then previous platforms, the only exception I would state would probably be the Xbox because it came in late to the gen.

Not to mention the fact, that 3rd parties going to microsoft exclusively is making little sense any more. EA and Respawn thought Xbox was going to win, EA sure as hell doesn't give a damn about moving XB1s versus selling copies, and I can bet that bundling TF cost MS a lot more than just exclusivity and EA lost a crap load of money.

Lets be generous and say that ~ 500k TF (XB1) where bundled.@60 retail thats 3,000,000 right there, lets say 1.5 mil to secure exclusivity, which is chump change btw, thats 4.5 mil vs the 3mill EA wouldve made on 500k retail total sales currently. These numbers are obviously false, but its for examples sake. Even if the ps4 only did 450k and the ps3 did 50 k, 500k total on a userbase of about 90 million give or take, thats still 3 milion more

which is 6 mil on titanfall total.

Fact is EA lost money on this deal, they would be stupid to make it again. If other 3rd parties see this, I doubt they will even think of XB1 exclusivity if not staying multiplat.

The point of all of this is simple.

The XB1 is facing a situation roughly thrice as bad as the PS3. What they are doing right now, thats not enough not by a long shot. They should have games planned for 2017-2018, hell their parity clause is worsening the problem as it limits what is going to fill the huge holes between exclusives. 

In all honesty, the XB1 is looking like the Wii U.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

VanceIX said:
PenguinZ said:
Groundking said:

At this point doubtful, Halo's fanbase dwindled a bit after Halo 3, it alone won't keep the X1 afloat. Microsoft needs new IPs to get (and stay) ahead in the US, and they need to actually support those IPs, not make them one hit wonders.

Halo 4 sold almost 9 million copies... The fanbase might have dwindled, but the appeal of a new generation Halo could probably generate some good sales.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

PenguinZ said:
VanceIX said:
PenguinZ said:
Groundking said:

Halo 4 sold almost 9 million copies... The fanbase might have dwindled, but the appeal of a new generation Halo could probably generate some good sales.

Maybe last decade. But only Half-Life 3 (XB1 true exclusive) could do that, and even then its only 65/35

Krill said:
BeElite said:
d21lewis said:

But seriously, the Xbox One is an awesome console and does a lot of things right. When more people see what it can do, more people will want one. Not on PS4 levels but it should do well.

Issue is it does nothing great and does very little just right.  No one actually knows what it is first its a always online something ohh crap media public hate us flip flop now its a basic media box / 2nd game console ohh shit the gamer console is kicking our ass now we say its a core gamer console.  MS does not know wtf they are doing with it, they are flipflopping to fit what they think will sale and are failing as they lack one single vision to push.

You are wrong about every point you tried to make. If you had an XBox One you would realise that.

I think Yoda said it best :-p

'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.'

Except i do and speak from that experience.

And im right about everyhting.  Which is why you didnt dispute anything, casue you know i am.