By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 5 Year Old Exposes Microsoft Xbox Vulnerability

Edited the title to make it more reflective of what actually occured.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Call me crazy, but what if Microsoft knew about the vulnerability and they didn't expect anyone to exploit it, since we all are accustomed to pay games and memorize our passwords?

Pretty big oversight, at least they have fixed it now.

jlmurph2 said:
gergroy said:
Why are people debating the title? The kid got past xbox live security into his dads account! That is hacking, who cares how he did it. He could have bought games or done whatever with his dads credit card at that point.

Also, that is a crazy bad overlook by microsoft... Maybe i need to take my credit card info off my game systems...

THIS is the situation that has you contemplating that? lol should have been done about 3 years ago.

I did take them off three years ago... But then I put them back on...

gergroy said:
jlmurph2 said:

THIS is the situation that has you contemplating that? lol should have been done about 3 years ago.

What made you go back rather than just use prepaid cards/codes?

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
gergroy said:
jlmurph2 said:

What made you go back rather than just use prepaid cards/codes?

Laziness, plain and simple

how cute

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dude what's up with the title? You make it sound like an xbox live issue, while really it's an XBONE account system issue. Hack doesn't work outside of the local system, correct?

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Didn't know there was a good way to say brat.

Well... the dictionary says it is a "piralho" in my language... I was a "piralho"... just means a hyperactive kid who enjoys to trick with other guys but not in a bad way.

JoeTheBro said:
Dude what's up with the title? You make it sound like an xbox live issue, while really it's an XBONE account system issue. Hack doesn't work outside of the local system, correct?

If I'm wrong the Xbone account is the live account... you don't have a local account like PS3/PS4... you need to internet to create a Live Account to started to play.