Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 appears to have only 4.5GB available for games use

walsufnir said:
FlamingWeazel said:

How much time do you spend trying to dig up any bit of info that looks like it gives x1 an edge? Seriously. PS4 is more powerfull., deal with it.

 

This is an old topic and it is actually 5 GB total, 512 is flexible ram as well that can be used for games. Same as x1, only faster ram, more bandwidth and a better gpu.


Oh, I have to correct myself. This is the 1001st time you kept repeating the same stuff. Thread was mostly nice and interesting until the "right" guys entered. Actually noone said anything else, Weazel. Why do you come up with this now?

Yet you are here repeating yourself again. Look at the topic, it pertains to hardware and performance, if you don't want to see the same comments about the topic don't psot or ignore them, at this point you are trolling. When people like the OP keep posting this stuff, the same argments will come up, not sure what your point even is.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer



Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
Even if it is 5GB total, it´s still wierd the PS4 SO to use 3GB for... nothing?


?? So you thought multi-tasking, streaming, everything else the fast Ps4 OS runs on was thin air or something?



walsufnir said:
riecsou said:
So the OP says PS4 games use 4.5 GB and Xbox One game use 5GB +the very fast esram...
And Xbox one games are still playing catch up!!
OP what exactly was your point???


Huh? He posted an article many don't seem to understand here. This again confirmed the amount of ram available to games on PS4 and this didn't change since their confirmation. And he added the info that Xbone has 5gb ram free for games. Nothing more, nothing less. If you are reading anything into this, it is your mind making this up, not his.

Wow I can clearly see you have been playing "defense" all over the thread.

You clearly seem to not remember the story of the OP and his past threads.



walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:
If 32Mb of ESRAM make X1 bandwidth faster than ps4 with this extra 500Mb advantagu will see how X1 is more powerfull than ps4, I can't wait for the truth to come out.


What is this crap good for?


Just a summary of fallen, selnor, toastboy and other folks on the subject. Afterall the only nextgen game with 1080p60fps is FM5 and pixel count and framerate are decided by devs not limited by the console as Phill Spencer told us, proving X1 is stronger than PS4, and this was reinforced by french ms pr that spoted that when connected to internet it's indeed 4x more powerfull. I won't arguee against someone with so much inside information. I'm eager for them to tell us more.


Really, you are luring these guys with this crap. Why do you do this? To make fun out of 4-5 people here on this forum?! This is even more disgusting, in my opinion. And show me where any serious forum member said in the last 2-4 weeks Xbone would be stronger...

Like Flaming_weazel repeated at least a thousand times PS4 is stronger.

Not luring then, just using their line of thinking, and they still say x1 will be more powerfull, and directx 12 will make it a no contest. Didn't see you complaining about the useless baiting of the OP. Or even addressing the serious part of the post, just focused on the joking part because it doesn't favour x1.





duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

FlamingWeazel said:
walsufnir said:
FlamingWeazel said:

How much time do you spend trying to dig up any bit of info that looks like it gives x1 an edge? Seriously. PS4 is more powerfull., deal with it.

 

This is an old topic and it is actually 5 GB total, 512 is flexible ram as well that can be used for games. Same as x1, only faster ram, more bandwidth and a better gpu.


Oh, I have to correct myself. This is the 1001st time you kept repeating the same stuff. Thread was mostly nice and interesting until the "right" guys entered. Actually noone said anything else, Weazel. Why do you come up with this now?

Yet you are here repeating yourself again. Look at the topic, it pertains to hardware and performance, if you don't want to see the same comments about the topic don't psot or ignore them, at this point you are trolling. When people like the OP keep posting this stuff, the same argments will come up, not sure what your point even is.


What is your point? Nobody was saying anything with PS4 being inferior, still you posted like always...

- user was warned for this post-

Mummelmann



Around the Network
walsufnir said:
FlamingWeazel said:
walsufnir said:
FlamingWeazel said:

How much time do you spend trying to dig up any bit of info that looks like it gives x1 an edge? Seriously. PS4 is more powerfull., deal with it.

 

This is an old topic and it is actually 5 GB total, 512 is flexible ram as well that can be used for games. Same as x1, only faster ram, more bandwidth and a better gpu.


Oh, I have to correct myself. This is the 1001st time you kept repeating the same stuff. Thread was mostly nice and interesting until the "right" guys entered. Actually noone said anything else, Weazel. Why do you come up with this now?

Yet you are here repeating yourself again. Look at the topic, it pertains to hardware and performance, if you don't want to see the same comments about the topic don't psot or ignore them, at this point you are trolling. When people like the OP keep posting this stuff, the same argments will come up, not sure what your point even is.


What is your point? Nobody was saying anything with PS4 being inferior, still you posted like always...

It is implied by posting that the ps4 having less ram is a disadvantage, look at his post history, come on, you know why it was posted. You keep posting this in every thread, don't like my psots ignore them, reported.



binary solo said:
Xenostar said:

This is why they have restricted it to the last 512mb, the first 4.5gb will never page.

If you never want it to page dont use more than 512mb in the last area of memory. 

You're confusing me. In your first post in this quote treee you say 4.5GB + 1 GB (512MB GDDR5+512HDD Page). But in this latest post you say 4.5 GB and 512MB.

We know for a fact that leading up to launch there was 4.5GB, then early this year Naughty Dog was quoted as saying 5GB. So it seems Sony released another 1/2 Gig for games quite recently. And because that extra 1/2Gig was recent it means Sucker Punch was probably too far through development of ISS to be able to make use of it. And so any time they talk about how much resource they had available for ISS they will say 4.5GB even though that's not the case any more.

Besides, what would a game developer say if they were asked: would you rather 5GB DDR3 RAM for game development or 4.5GB GDDR5? You might get a mix of responses, but it's not as simple as saying 5GB is better than 4.5GB given the GDDR5 is the superior RAM for games. Though perhaps when you add the ESRAM it would make a difference.

 

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

No its always been what i said in the first post i said 512 iin the second post as i was talking about if you didnt want to use the swap file or page file. its always been 4.5gb fixed with 1GB flexible that is made up of 512mb ram 512mb page file on the HDD. 

So total memory you have 5.5GB but that includes a 512mb page file. 



VXIII said:
HumdrumPie said:
VXIII said:
3.5 Gb is sure a lot for a premature OS that dosen't support DLNA and can't play mp3 audio files.

Agreed. I hope Sony slims down that OS and adds DLNA and MP3 support. I just find obvious fanboy threads annoying. 

Fortunately, That is inevitable to happen over the course of the generation. PS3 OS was also feature-less at launch. Sony does a great job in long term support.

Devs will have soon 5.5 GB reserved for games, it happens every generation to reduce the amount of memory devoted to the OS.  Probably 6 GB by the end of the gen(the option will be available).

By the way, another stupid thread with tons of silly comments.  These forums are going down and down... so sad...



”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:
If 32Mb of ESRAM make X1 bandwidth faster than ps4 with this extra 500Mb advantagu will see how X1 is more powerfull than ps4, I can't wait for the truth to come out.


What is this crap good for?


Just a summary of fallen, selnor, toastboy and other folks on the subject. Afterall the only nextgen game with 1080p60fps is FM5 and pixel count and framerate are decided by devs not limited by the console as Phill Spencer told us, proving X1 is stronger than PS4, and this was reinforced by french ms pr that spoted that when connected to internet it's indeed 4x more powerfull. I won't arguee against someone with so much inside information. I'm eager for them to tell us more.


Really, you are luring these guys with this crap. Why do you do this? To make fun out of 4-5 people here on this forum?! This is even more disgusting, in my opinion. And show me where any serious forum member said in the last 2-4 weeks Xbone would be stronger...

Like Flaming_weazel repeated at least a thousand times PS4 is stronger.

and they still say x1 will be more powerfull...


Really? And even if (which is of course ridiculous), why do you keep posting for them? Ignore their ignorance against facts, done



riecsou said:
walsufnir said:
riecsou said:
So the OP says PS4 games use 4.5 GB and Xbox One game use 5GB +the very fast esram...
And Xbox one games are still playing catch up!!
OP what exactly was your point???


Huh? He posted an article many don't seem to understand here. This again confirmed the amount of ram available to games on PS4 and this didn't change since their confirmation. And he added the info that Xbone has 5gb ram free for games. Nothing more, nothing less. If you are reading anything into this, it is your mind making this up, not his.

Wow I can clearly see you have been playing "defense" all over the thread.

You clearly seem to not remember the story of the OP and his past threads.


Perhaps you need glasses? Could help...

I don't know him and don't remember him but the op itself has a link in it and some sentences about ram sizes. I can't see an opinion in there.